22.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The campfire was brimming with heat as everyone sat around it.

"Should we be leaving them alone?" Clarity glanced apprehensively towards the direction of the forest. The members had knocked all the assassins unconscious, tied them up, and abandoned them by the tree stems.

"Hoseok drugged them with sedatives, so they should be out until at least the day after tomorrow." Yoongi shrugged. "Senyu is quite bold in sending people after us. Too bad they were lacking brains."

"It'll be quite a scene when Senyu discovers what happens to their people." Jimin's voice blended in with the night, his eyes glistening with an amused glint.

Staring blankly at the members' nonchalant statements, Clarity reaffirmed her thoughts that they were scary people, after all.

The sparks that ignited from campfire ashes reflected onto her conflicted eyes, which was casted down with melancholy. She debated how she was going to start her story, only to look up and see all the members' eyes on her.

"What did you want to tell us?" Seokjin spoke up first as his usual tone, full of nonchalance, broke the silence.

At their anticipatory looks, Clarity decided she had to start talking.

"I came from another world." Her clear voice echoed, the ashes from the fire carried its determination throughout the air, and into each members' ears.

She waited for a reaction, but what she got in return was undivided attention. It was different from the time in Seokjin's office, where the man had retorted her outlandish claim on the spot. The members' expressions were stoic, but attentive.

They wanted to hear to her story.

It was no use debating about the "correct" way to start or the most "effective" way to persuade them. She just had to start talking.

And so she did.

That night by the campfire, Clarity Moon, aged nineteen and an university student from South Korea, started her story.

✿✿✿

When Taehyung first heard of the new secretary, he was discontent. For the past years, he was the one that had been by Seokjin's side, and he thought there was no reason to hire someone else when he was capable of doing all the work.

Taehyung had looked into her background after learning that she was going to be Seokjin's new secretary. It was only normal, considering he had to make sure the person beside Seokjin was not going to be a threat.