14.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

By the time they got out of the Auction House, the outside had already became a complete mess. The wail of sirens spread itself throughout the entire area, receiving apprehensive glances from passing citizens.

With everything in a state of discombobulation, it wasn't surprising that the group was able to sneak behind the building, where their two black Hyundai were parked, without bringing much attention upon themselves.

As the car door flung open, Clarity was met with the presence of the brightest sunshine as Hoseok gave her a grin, pulling her up to the backseat in one go. In the driver's seat sat none other than Jungkook, timidly peering through the rear-view mirror as he clenched onto the steering wheel. The door beside him opened, and Seokjin slid into the passenger seat, a smug grin still plastered upon his face. Visibly relieved at the eldest's presence, the maknae smiled as they greeted each other with a fist pump.

After Clarity had settled down in the middle seat, Taehyung slipped into the seat to the right. As his shoulder pressed against hers, Clarity's breath hitched in her throat as she was reminded of the night in the alleyway.

Quickly fumbling to secure her seatbelt, she intentionally averted her eyes from his, keeping it down so he wouldn't have a chance to catch her flustered face.

"If everyone's ready, we'll start to get going," Seokjin called from the front.

At his announcement, Taehyung's head swayed from side to side as he searched for his silver-haired friend.

"Where's Jimin?"

"He's in the car in front of us, along with Yoongi and the girl," Seokjin replied, "they're going ahead to settled down back home, so we'll meet them there."

Starting the engine with a turn of his keys, Jungkook smoothly swerved the car past the parked police cars. Clarity leaned towards her right, watching as the Auction House faded further and further into the distance.

"Congratulations, Miss Secretary!" Hoseok nudged her shoulder with a wink. "You've survived your first mission—now isn't that exciting?"

She, Clarity Moon, at the age of nineteen, had survived her first death flag.

At his words, Clarity pressed her lips into a thin line as she tried to conceal her smile. She unintentionally glanced at Taehyung, only to find the black-haired man staring back at her, his all-consuming eyes fixed with a soft glimmer.

"This was only the beginning," she told herself. "It'll only get better from here."

—(0 - o)—