12.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The car ride was solemnly quiet. Sitting in the backseat was Clarity and Yinn, with the latter having a cuff that restricted her movement in case she tried to run. Smoke filled the air as the bodyguards in the passenger seat lit a cigarette, and Clarity had to hold her breath so she didn't end up coughing.

She looked over to the brown-haired girl sniffling beside her. A dull expression hanging across her face, Yinn sat with hands in her lap, gazing down at her feet. The air around them were sullen, and Clarity found it hard to believe that this girl was the main character of the story.

There was something about her, something so ordinarily mundane that ripped away her presence, stripping her of nothing more than an existing body. It was then Clarity realized that before Yinn's encounter with Jin, she was just another girl unfortunate enough to have a tragedy befallen upon.

The car came to a stop, and the bodyguard pulled opened the door rashly, pulling the brunette out of her seat. Tumbling out the car, Yinn was about to fall when Clarity had steadied her with her arms. The former didn't have time to reaction, however, as she was immediately yanked on her feet by the buff-looking bodyguard.

Seeing his harsh actions, Clarity almost pushed him aside, telling tell him to back off.

But she stopped herself, watching as the girl was shoved into the waiting room of the Auction hall.

"It's fine," she told herself, suppressing her impulsiveness. "Seokjin will save her. The best thing to do right now was to carry through the mission."

And to wait.

Stepping foot into the auction hall, Clarity was confronted with an entirely contrasting atmosphere from yesterday. The tension was palpable. The social space which was bustling with conversations yesterday were now dead silent as the attendees remained solemnly in the lined seats, like prisoners awaiting their trial results.

Aside from the auction products, the audience was interested in witnessing the showdown between the CEOs of Bangtan and Senyu.

Shaped as a spherical auditorium, the majority of the seats were placed in the middle of the space that directly faced the auction stage. Two balcony room were built on the second floor, directed towards both the left and right side of the stage, which were rooms occupied by Bangtan and Senyu, respectively.

Peering towards her right, she caught a glimpse of Senyu's CEO. Although his face was entirely concealed by rows of bodyguards, he appeared to have the presence of a man in his late 50s. Beside him stood, his right hand man, Kang Kevin, she recalled was also present at the last auction.