24.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Things got busy the moment they returned from the cabin trip.

If the atmosphere during the trip was like taking a stroll, then the air in this meeting room was comparable to skydiving without a parachute.

The tension in the dimly lit conference room was palpable. Seats on both sides of the long table were occupied by the affiliated members of Mafia Bangtan Co, with Kim Seokjin sitting on the end chair like a king on his throne.

Standing beside him like a trusty bodyguard, Clarity nervously fixed her collar, clasping her hands behind her slim-fitting suit as she stood with feigned professionalism. To Seokjin's right was Taehyung, whose expression was stoic as he handed the eldest a document. The former quickly skimmed through its contents before tossing it onto the table.

"This is ridiculous!" One of the attendees of this meeting huffed with anger. "To chase CEO Kim during his break. Senyu's basically making an official declaration that they are going to go against us."

Seokjin remained silent at the man's outburst, tapping his finger thoughtfully.

After Senyu's assassination attempt ended up as a failure, they were immediately seen as enemy by Bangtan Corporation on both the business and mafia stage. Just now, an informant had brought in the news that Senyu's business faction was involved in illegal drug purchase. Now that they've left behind traces of illegal activity, this was an optimal chance for Kim Seokjin to make his move.

The dreary silence was broken by Seokjin's dry chuckle as he slightly leaned forward from his chair. All of the attendees stiffened attentively, anticipating his next words.

"There will be a banquet." The CEO's calm yet chilling voice echoed through the room. "There will also be a transaction occurring at the banquet. It will be between Senyu and a foreign business group, Orin. When that happens, we will deliver the final blow."

Everyone knew of the incident where Bangtan had scammed Senyu Corporation's money by selling a footage for an astronomical price. The evidence was deadly for the latter, but it wasn't enough for Bangtan to completely destroy them in one blow. This was because although many of Senyu's people were identified in the footage, their CEO was not. With Senyu's CEO as the core of their corporation, Seokjin would not be able to get rid of them without destroying their central figure.

"A banquet?" Someone muttered to themselves, "I haven't heard news of any banquets lately..."

"Bangtan Corporation will be the host of this banquet." Namjoon was the one who answered their concerns. He was sitting on the left closest chair to Seokjin, a thoughtful smile on his face. "We are going to invite both Senyu and the foreign company."

His statement threw the room into confusion as mutters arose from the shareholders.

It would be Bangtan Corporation's first time hosting a banquet with its business identity while inviting presences from the mafia world. In fact, invitations have already been sent out to the prominent figures of both industries. Not only that, they were also inviting both Senyu and Orin, the two companies who have just been exposed for illegal interactions.