49.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Clarity extended her arm towards Lune Kim's falling body.

The space around her distorted as everything started to flow in slow motion. All she could see was her reaching hand, trailing further at further behind. In that instant, memories that did not belong to her flooded through her mind.

They were memories of the past transmigrators' failures of stopping the ritual.

Some would be on streets, others would occur in mountains. Some in apartments like this one, others in alleyways. However, regardless of the setting and situation, every single one ended the exact way as the current scene that was unfolding before Clarity's eyes.

A outstretched arm, a failed interference.

Gritting her teeth, she reached harder, but Lune Kim's body was already half off the balcony.

"Good bye." Lune closed her eyes, letting gravity push her down.

Lune Kim knew that everything was finally over. She knew that the next time she woke up, everything would be alright. Her mind dispersed as she readied herself for the impact of the ground, of her new life.

However, that moment never arrived.

Instead of falling down, she was halted by a force from behind, restricting her movements instantly.

The forced belonged to none other than Taehyung, who had made his way below the balcony through another window after ensuring that there were no other victims in the apartment. As Lune Kim was about to fall, the black-haired man emerged from the railings, reached out, and pushed her away from the the balcony.

Lune Kim inhaled sharply as her body slid against the cemented ground. Before she could process what was going on, her bloodied arms twisted backwards and an intense pain shot through her mind.

Taehyung shoved her stomach to the floor with one knee while he angled her arms backwards, locking her wrists together with his hands. He knocked the glass shard and crumbled paper away and pressed her entire face to the floor, so that one cheek was stuck to the cold apartment ground. Lune kicked around and flailed her arms in an attempt to escape the restrictions. Although she was only a highschool student, she moved with an inhuman force that even Taehyung was shocked at how strong she was.

Despite Lune Kim's relentless struggling, however, she found herself unable to escape.

Amidst the chaos, her eyes subconsciously locked onto the last page from the notebook that laid soundless on the floor.