26.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Tap.

Tap. Tap. Tap

TAP. TAP. TAP. TAP. TAP-

A surge of frustration washed over Clarity as she tossed her pen on the table, her back sinking into the armchair with a sigh. With furrowed brows, she glanced at the towers of document piled on the surface. Indeed, they were all materials she had to go through in preparation for Bangtan Corporation's plan to accomplish five feats in one move — also known as Operation Code V.

However, Clarity was also working on something else. With messy scribbles of pen markings visible on paper, she was piecing together the important parts of the banquet in To Be His Possession, which she was preparing to bring up to Seokjin and the other members during their upcoming meeting.

As she noted down all the important events, Clarity started to feel like something was off. According to original plot, they were supposed to be close to the latest chapter. By this point, Kim Seokjin and Yinn Naron had already confirmed their relationship and decided to attend the banquet together, for Seokjin was planning to officially introduce her as his partner.

However, this progression was long down the drain.

Right now, the closest word to describe the relationship between Seokjin and Yinn was strangers, maybe indirect acquaintances at most. Aside from bumping into each other every now and then in the hallway, the two "protagonists" haven't had any direct interactions.

Does that mean that Yinn Naron would have no role at the banquet at all?

"What are you doing?" A pair of muscular arms softly wrapped themselves around her neck, dangling with nonchalance. Taehyung, bending over from behind, lazily rested his chin on her shoulder.

Clarity tilted her head to meet his gaze. "Just thinking about stuff," she mumbled softly.

Like a child, Taehyung had been hanging around her room while the Clarity did her secretary work. He rolled around the bed, played with her now shoulder-length hair, and snuck kisses on her cheeks every now and then to get her attention. Was she expecting this childish side of him? The man who was known to be cold and intimidating? Not on her life.

Was she enjoying it, however?

Hell yeah.

A feeling of both admiration and affection rising within her, Clarity could only smile as she appreciated the work of art before her eyes. Every time she saw eye-candy Kim Taehyung, the girl couldn't help but feel as if she was dreaming. The captivating gaze that delivered itself through his lush eyelashes, his defined t-zone, his unintentional pouting—Kim Taehyung was the real deal.