36.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Ringggg!

Ring-

Seokjin swiftly put the phone to his ear, cutting the sound off at its second ring.

"Hello, Manager Lee. Direct the PR sector to handle the press. Tell them it was an unknown force, there's need to heed to their insistence."

"Yes, Ms. Kang. Please bring the reports to my office once they're ready."

"Are the files towards Senyu still not approved? No, that is alright. Keep updated on the progress."

"Other companies are asking about the situation? Only give them the most basic information. Their worries are only on the superficial level, after all."

Yinn and Jimin silently sat on the couch in Seokjin's office as they watched the eldest answer one call after another, his face buried behind the stacks of documents on his table.

There was curt knock to his door, followed by a woman who hurried in with another handful of documents. She quickly bowed before sliding them onto the little space left on the table.

"This is the check-in record of all of the employees in Bangtan Co. No one is missing." Her eyes were dulled with fatigue, and her once coiled bun was in a disheveled state.

After skimming over the papers, Seokjin lifted his gaze from his desk. "Thank you, Ms. Kang, you've done plenty for Bangtan. Please go home and rest for the day."

"I simply can not do that, CEO Kim. I've worked at the company for four years now, and have been through all kinds of ups and downs. I will do my best to make sure that we surmount this obstacle without fail, as we have done in the past!"

"...Alright." At her enthusiasm, Seokjin did not press further. Instead, he gave her a polite smile. "Thank you."

"All my coworkers share the same sentiments as I do, so please leave things to us!" She bowed ninety degrees before hastening out the door.

Yinn, who had been listening in on the woman's aspiring attitude, sighed softly as she watched her back disappear into the corridors.

A day have passed since the other members left the company to search for Senyu's base. In the first twelve hours, they had kept in touch by phone, but there haven't been a single message or call since then.

During this time, Seokjin had worked without a break, dealing with documents after documents, one meeting after another. The usual Seokjin would have complained with a dramatic melancholy at his workload, but not this time, and Yinn knew why. The man's expression retained its usual calmness, but his dark eyes were filled with an unprecedented fragility it wouldn't be surprising for him to collapse right there.