27.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Pinching the powder of white with her thumb and index finger, Clarity heart was in a state of complication as she glanced towards the brown-haired girl, who—despite being the poisoner—had a worse complexion than her own. Clarity recalled the moments before she ended up in the current situation.

She had saw it when she and Taehyung were on their way downstairs.

In the corner of the kitchen, Yinn was talking to someone.

It was a discreet conversation which they had not intended for anyone to hear. Due to the angle of the room, she failed to make out the person that was with the female protagonist, but she had a faint idea of who it was.

With a weary glance, Clarity looked towards Taehyung and felt his grip on her tighten. The raven haired man was signalling her with a gesture to return back upstairs.

Nodding, she did as she was told. Before making her way back to the second floor, she watched as the mysterious figure place something in Yinn's hand and escaped out the window. When they were back in her room, Clarity slumped onto the bed with a shudder.

"There's a mole in the Bangtan household."

She had briefly heard Namjoon and Seokjin discussing this in a previous meeting. The eldest had suspicions about a spy from the enemy company that was feeding information to Senyu while pretending to be a staff in Bangtan Corporation. However, they didn't expect the spy to slip directly into the members' dwelling.

"I'll let Jimin and the others know." Taehyung's voice text as cold as he made a call to the silver-haired man. After a few seconds, the line connected as Jimin's cheerful voice sounded across the phone.

"Yah. We're at the gates right now. There were no eggs in the house, so we went to buy some at the grocery store. How did we manage to survive with no damn eggs—"

"We found the mole."

The line went silent for a moment at Taehyung statement. There were some shifting noises, then Namjoon's voice.

"Who?" The lightheartedness dissipated as it was replaced by the Strategist's instant deductions. "The household has less than ten hired staffs. The most recent arrival was Yinn Naron, who is staying as a victim from the auction. It's not her, though. She lacked the connections and ambition to do so."

Clarity stared dumbfounded as Namjoon mumbled out loud his thought-process.

"Although it couldn't be Yinn Naron, she is in the most suspicious position. Someone must used her to accomplish their own goals. To use Yinn Naron's hands to do their dirty biddings without actually revealing themselves. This means the spy had to be someone who was close to her, yet not close enough to be suspicious." There was another pause in the line, and Clarity thought she could hear Namjoon's brain performing all its analytical calculations.