3

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

After the meeting ended, Seokjin walked out of the conference room, only to see Hoseok leaning by the wall with a nonchalant grin.

"Hope," Seokjin sighed. "You said you were going to be late, not completely absent."

"Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I was caught up with something—actually, someone," he grinned, eyeing the tiny figure behind him who was too embarrassed to show her face. Hoseok's eyes glinted intriguingly. "Someone quite interesting."

Slowly, Clarity emerged from his back, bowing ninety-degrees before Seokjin could even open his mouth.

"Sir, I am so sorry for my behaviour at the conference earlier," she shouted, her short hair dangling down as her eyes were glued to the ground.

People walked past them, but under Seokjin's intimidating gaze they all turned away quickly without saying a word.

Aware of the reactions around them, Clarity kept her head down. Keeping in mind Seokjin's cruel nature in the story, she decided that the best course of action was to admit her wrongdoings.

Without hesitation, and as soon as possible.

She may have been a sarcastic asshole in her past world, but here, she couldn't be rash. By exorcising her freedom of speech, Clarity was very much going to get herself killed. In order to survive, she was going to do everything to suck up to Seokjin so she wouldn't get on his bad side.

Again—all for the sake of survival.

At her unexpected action, Seokjin was left once again speechless. He exchanged gazes with Hoseok, who just smiled a shrug at the girl in front of them.

"You're the new secretary...right?" Seokjin said.

"Yes sir! The name is Clarity, sir!" The girl replied in her most enthusiastic voice. In the beginning, Clarity wasn't sure whether she should go under an alias since the original Secretary was nameless, but at this point, she had better things to worry about.

"...It's fine," he said hesitantly, signalling her to get up. Seokjin then turned towards his companion, patting his back as he strode past him towards the elevator. "Come on, I'll have to debrief you on the meeting and the plan."

"Yeah, yeah," Hoseok grinned as he spun around, giving Clarity a wink before following after him.

As the two stepped foot in the elevator space, Clarity was about to take an exhale of relief when the door closed—except it didn't.