40.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[Congratulations! You are one of the 200 lucky fans to be selected for the post-concert fansign in Seoul!]

[The fansign is held on October 29th—three days from now, yay! Please click on this link to fill in the necessary information and confirm your attendance.]

[Looking forward to seeing you there, A.R.M.Y.!]

[Sincerely, BTS.]

"Miss Clarity!"

The voice jerked her out of her trance, and Clarity's head shot up at the familiar appellation.

"Miss Clarity Moon!" Professor Lee hit his fingers on the table, narrowing his eyes in disapproval. "It is extremely rude to be looking at your phone during this conversation. Where are your manners?"

"...Sorry."

She closed her parted lips, casting her gaze down once again.

"Forget about it. You still have not given me an proper explanation for your absence during today's midterm."

After hearing her silence as a response, the man leaned back and folded his arms with a disgruntled sigh.

"Don't think I am not aware of my students' attendance. You were not in the classes and seminars yesterday, either! I do not care my students do not attend my lectures, nor do I force them to do so. But to skip your midterms, too... Miss Clarity Moon, do you wish to fail this course?"

"No, sir..." Clarity answered absentmindedly. "It will not happen again."

"Better not. I will get back to you for an exam retake." Professor Lee paused before shooting her an apprehensive glance. "You were not like this before. Do not take your talent for scriptwriting as a given. You must also work hard to achieve good results."

"I understand, sir."

The office door closed behind her, and Clarity pressed her back against the wall. She let out a shaky exhale and closed her eyes.

Everything was the same. She was still in university, she was still nineteen.

When Clarity came to her senses, she had woken up from what seemed like an unusually long dream. In fact, she been sleeping for almost the whole day.

Burrowing herself under her blanket, she sobbed uncontrollably for the longest time, and did not shed a tear since.

Aside Clarity's few unexcused absences from school, there were no other variables in her life.