31.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The night was indeed—long.

For the past few hours, Yinn had sat through two of Kim Namjoon's philosophical lectures, three of Hoseok's karaoke sessions, and five rounds of rock-paper-scissors between Seokjin and Jungkook, which the latter had won 5:0, by the way.

"Miss Yinn Naron!" For the nth time, her head jolted up at the voice of the silver-haired man. "I need to tell you something."

Jimin lazily lift a finger, gesturing her to come closer. Hesitantly, Yinn shuffled towards him, stopping when she was an arm's length away. With a tilt of his head, Jimin then pushed himself forward, almost stumbling as he closed the space in between them. With a serious expression, he looked around discreetly before speaking in a low whisper.

"I'm sorry."

Out of everything Yinn had been through this night, this had to be the most shocking yet.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"I'm sorry!" Ignoring her question, Jimin repeated his apology, this time in an even louder voice. "I must have been deaf. How could I not have heard you? I'm sorry."

Yinn was at a complete loss of what to do.

She had no idea why the silver-haired man was apologizing to her as if he had committed murder, when he had nothing to be sorry about. If anyone, it should be Yinn who had to apologize for everything she'd done.

"...You don't have to be sorry for anything." She said with a frown. Jimin slowly blinked at her saddened expression, which then contorted into pure shock as large droplets of tears started streaming down his flawless face.

Yinn's mouth dropped open.

"W-why are you crying now?"

"You're s-such a nice p-person!" Jimin sniffed as he managed to choke out his words amidst the waterfall of tears.

"You bet she is!" Behind them, Clarity pumped her fist on the air, still sitting on the back of Taehyung. "Yinn is a nice girl! She was a saint in her past life!"

"I'm not a saint," she said softly.

"No, you are! You're nice, so you might as well be one! Right, Taehyungie?"

"Yes, yes."

Eyeing the two drunks muttering nonsense, Taehyung and Yinn exchanged a knowing glance. In the current situation, they felt like comrades who had to survive a war together.