| n i n e |

Monday. (07:00 || 7:00 am)
D-day

황현진|| third person (Hwang Hyunjin)
Hyunjin entered the school gates, causing everyone's attention to veer towards him, the popular but introverted boy.

He was pulling a luggage, earbuds were in his ears as always, his clothes were proper for the winter season and fashionable too, as always. Despite these people surrounding him, he was lonely anyways.

In a slight anxious way, the boy looked around, hoping to see a familiar face. He bit his bottom lips as almost everyone was there.

She's coming, right? She promised...

"Hey giant! Good morning!" The familiar voice causes Hyunjin to turn around, seeing a presence of a girl with a black hoodie and a grey scarf around her neck. "Oh? You actually heard me this time, how surprising." She chuckled.

"How many nicknames do you have for me?." He blinked blankly in question as the girl smiled and shrugged innocently. "Probably a trillion! You fit any nicknames. Well- almost."

Seunghee looked over at the school bus. "Anyhow! I can't wait to set foot at Incheon!" She smiled, holding tightly on her luggage. "You haven't been to Incheon yet?"

"Nope.! That's why I wanna get there as soon as we can!"

"All the students please line up here, the homeroom teachers have mixed up the students in each class for the bus, so that you may practice making friends easily." They all followed the command and gathered.

"ahh, what if we're separated??" Seunghee mumbles, trying to look at the board for each sign, to see the names written and which bus. "Then we're separated." Hyunjin shrugged but still, secretly panicked.

It scares him to go to a place alone with no one he knows. "Bus 8! We're together! Look!" The girl smiled happily, pointing at the board. "Let's go then" Hyunjin chuckled quietly to himself as the girl already rushes towards the bus right after he spoke.

After putting all the luggages in the bus, every student sat and settled. Hyunjin was ahead of Seunghee, but she gently gripped on the sleeves of his jacket, causing him to stop. "Look I- can- can I sit at the window seat? I sort of- I- I- well-." The words from her mouth seemed to run out.

"Sure." Hyunjin moved out of the way to let her in, following after her. "T-Thank you." She flashed an abashed smile for some reason before putting her backpack on her lap, leaning back as Hyunjin did the same, scratching his head hesitantly.

Is she okay? Did I cut her off or- Should I..ask her? Wait- what if that's too personal and I'm butting in? Ah, should I just wait when she's ready to speak? But I do have a right to know something about her too right? She knows so much about me, okay I'll ask it no-

"Why?-." Seunghee started to speak calmer now without making eye contact. "H-huh?" She smiled a bit and faced him. "What is it? You look like you want to tell me something."

"Ah- it's just-.. just-." The boy's eyes start to move everywhere until it finally stops at the view of his phone, getting an idea, he quickly took his right earbuds off and offered them to the girl beside her.

"Do you want to listen with me-.? I mean-." He looks away, clearing his throat. "Only if you want."
Of course, with no hesitation, the girl cheerfully took the buds, putting them in her ear. "Thank you!"
The boy blinked and tilted his head quickly in a surprised manner.

She's really something

Hours later.
Hyunjin looked over at the girl who's currently asleep on his shoulder as the bus arrived at their destination. "S...Seunghee?" He carefully removed the other earbud from her ears.

To wake her up, he tapped her shoulder a bit, and finally, the sleepy one woke up. "We're here." He spoke as she quickly lifted her head, her hands still shook gently and it gave lots of attention to Hyunjin.

"Are you okay?"
"Yeah- yeah I'm okay." She took a deep breath before smiling, looking outside the window. "I feel- uh. Great actually!"

The girl took the chance to do some small breathing exercises while looking away. "Are you sure?-."
"Yeah, I-."

"Seunghee Kim?" ——- "It's you right?"

"Yeah.... who are you?"
"I'm Lee Donghyuck." The boy in front of them flashed a big smile. "I found you!"
"Sorry?"

"Ah. You probably didn't know but Sunwoo's a friend of mine and he told me to check up on you. I've been hesitating to ask you before the trip but here I am." He chuckled.

Seunghee chuckled a bit as well, rubbing the back of her head. "Ahh... Sunwoo... well- thanks for the worry but I don't need checkups or anything like that. I can do fine on my own. I'll call Sunwoo later. Nice to meet you anyways, Donghyuck" She smiled shyly.

"Oh- uh- o-o-okay.  I understand. Well- well then- nice to meet you too! I hope I see you around often." He flashes one last smile before finally moving out of the bus.

————————————————————

A/N : I'm still on a small hiatus break but I wanted to publish this chapter before I forget about it.
I think I'll just re-edit the whole story after I finish it, it feels like a mess haha:,
I'm sorry for my inactivity, my mind's been loading slower than usual. Happy 2021 btw:). I hope you fill 2021 with lots of smiles and good memories despite the negativity. Let's go through this again! Together:). Please always stay safe and take care, everyone!