| t h i r t y - o n e |

6:00 am

"Goodmorning sir." Seunghee and Jeongin, both mumbled at the school guard as the guard greeted back with a smile while the students walked inside the school building.

Yang Jeongin held onto his backpack straps as he yawned gently, rubbing his eyes as they walked through the school hallway.

"Ah- see I told you to sleep more, we came home late yesterday, I'm sure you barely even slept." Seunghee formed an involuntary pout on her lips, showing that she was really worried.

The younger boy chuckled softly and shook his head. "I'm fine." — "but Seunghee-."
"Hm?"
"Can I go to the washroom first? You go ahead to the library."
"Ah- okay. You know where the library is right?"
"Yep!"
"And the bathroom?"
"Yupyup. Don't worry. I'll be quick."

Seunghee nodded as the boy veered towards another direction. After realizing that he was already out of sight, the girl moved on and walked a few more blocks then entered the library.

To her surprise, the lights were already turned on. "Sir Park must've forgot to turn it off... or maybe someone else is studying? It's examination soon anyways-." She mumbled to herself while making her way inside.

Seunghee's eyes carefully and quietly scanned each table and chair, wondering if there was anyone in the library.  She squinted her eyes as if she was a chipmunk who's looking for her nuts, looking around the room thoroughly.

"No one's here.." Seunghee shrugged with no human in sight."Now.. where would be  comfortable to study i-."

"Seunghee." A voice exclaims.

Seunghee flinched as goosebumps flew through her body; her heart almost felt like it was about to jump out of her chest. Seunghee quickly looked over at the corner of the library where she heard the voice, holding onto her chest. "What in the-." She paused after meeting the familiar face.

"Giant-. Oh gosh, it's just you." Her heart continued to beat quickly as it was too startled. "Sorry-. For scaring you." Seunghee shook her head, approaching the boy. "Don't worry- it's me who's blind- I didn't even notice you were here." — "I mean- I could have sworn that I checked the place thoroughly....."

Seunghee shrugged before approaching the boy, taking a seat in front of him. "What are you doing here though? It's too early."
"I- uh- I was- studying. Our exam is- near- you know?"

Her eyes eyed and scanned the boy's table which only had a black backpack on it, with a silver star symbol keychain hanging by the scarcely opened zipper. It would have made sense and the excuse would have been acceptable if it wasn't squashed.

But sadly, it was squished and, of course, the only thought which came into the girl's head was that: he slept instead of studying. Hyunjin, on the other hand, was trying to think about why she was just staring at his belonging.

After 0.5 seconds of thinking he finally realized and quickly took his back pack then hid it under the table, clearing his throat after. The girl chuckled, not saying one word. Instead, she carried on to take her notebook and textbooks out.

"Do you have the notes from the class I missed yesterday?" She looked up at the boy who still felt embarrassed after exposing himself. "I need them to copy— if you don't mind-."