| f o r t y - e i g h t |

March 1 | 10:23 am

Seunghee stared at her clothes once again at the full-body size mirror her precious guardians bought for her, letting out a little sigh as she dusts her ecru-colored coat on both sides. Her toes clenched then opened in her long white socks.

She then took a glance at herself before flinching a little, looking down at her feet. Seunghee shook her head then took the courage to look at herself, involuntarily taking deep breaths.

The girl bit her inner cheeks as her eyes scans her face. "What is this, Seunghee?" She talked to herself as she shook her head in disapproval. "You look like a mess."

You're...
You're not a monster, Seunghee.
You're just doing your best as a human being.
It's okay.

She tried to convince herself— attempting to block the voices that always deafens her whenever she looks at herself.

Seunghee nodded to herself as she decided to fix herself a little. Her long coat embraced, her plain-white-long-sleeves which were tucked in her beige-colored pants. Her coat reached up until just below her knees. "I look okay, right?" She mumbled to herself, fixing her quite long bangs, and then smoothened the strands of her straight black hair with her fingers.

"Ah, right," she drops her hand from her hair, looking across her room before approaching the corner. Seunghee opens the box, taking out the cube from it. "I should give this to him, I fixed it already anyway," she whispered to herself as she placed it inside her brown sling bag.

"What else..?" She looks around. "I feel like I'm forgetting something-," Seunghee gasps and then walks towards her closet, pulling a drawer open as she stooped down. "My scarf and," she took a pair of socks and then closed the drawer.

"Seunghee!" She heard her aunt call out which caught her attention. "Oh! Yes, wait aunt, I'll come! I'm almost done." Seunghee stood up, hearing muffled words from her aunt's voice.

"I'm coming auntie!!" she responded with honorifics, loud enough for her to be heard.

Thinking that she possibly needed her help, the girl rushed out, casting her attention on the giant socks that distracted her as soon as she closed the door of her room. "Yang Jeonginn," she called out as she singlehandedly wrapped the scarf around her neck. "This is your socks right?"

She chuckled while fixing her scarf as she made her way throughout the small hallway then to the living room. "Huh?" Jeongin stood up. "Which sock?"

"This one," Seunghee held it up as she looks at him— seeing a figure at the corner of her eyes. "Oh- you're right, it is mine- how did it get there?" Jeongin blinked blankly as he took the socks in his hand, wondering all sorts of possibilities on how it got there. Giving up, he shook his head then smiled. "Thank you noona."

"You're welcome-," Seunghee looked over the boy who stood up when she did, getting startled herself. "Oh- giant- you're here already- I didn't know-," she cleared her throat as he smiled, waving his hand. "Hi."

Her aunt then approached them with a smile, wiping her hands off her shirt. "Oh- yeah auntie you were calling me?-," she asked. "Yeah because your boyfriend is here already." Mrs. Yang laughed. "You didn't hear it?"

"No- I'm sorry, I didn't understand what you were saying earlier haha..," she scratched the back of her head, taking small glances at Hyunjin then back at her. "It's okay silly girl," she chuckled and shook her head.

"Are you guys going now?" Her aunt brought up as Seunghee slowly nodded. "Yes, I think so." She cleared her throat again then smiles a bit. "Okay, take care you two and have fun," she fixes the scarf properly on Seunghee.