| t w e n t y - s e v e n |

"Wah, they were such good kids," Seunghee spoke, her nose brushed with a hint of redness as the snow continued to fall on them. "I can't believe their parents abandoned them.." she then mumbled under her breath.

"Hm. It is sad. I want them to finally encounter someone who's truly willing to protect them." Hyunjin replied, his lips released a hopeful sigh as they were walking at the yard of the orphanage.

"I do hope the same. They are so energetic and cheerful, who can't love them?"
"I agree."

Hyunjin stopped his tracks and the girl stopped as well while the boy nodded his head towards a treehouse. "Let's go. I'll show you something."
"Wait- like up there?"
"Mhm."

Seunghee thought for a bit but the boy started to climb up already. "Just come whenever you're ready."
She blinked with a blank expression, looking around her first before climbing the tall tree.

She took her time, opened the door, and was greeted by a hundred glow-in-the-dark stars stuck on the roof, she went in slowly, closing the door then continued to gaze at the stars. "Woah..." she mumbled softly to herself, being struck by such beauty.

After a few moments, Seunghee looked over the boy who was already laying down, watching the stars silently. "Was this what you wanted me to see?"
"Mhm." Hyunjin nodded a bit. "I was thinking about ways I could repay you for helping me."

He took a deep breath in before continuing, "And you seemed to love the sky a lot." Hyunjin then sat up as the girl nodded slowly, listening to every word that left his mouth.

A smile slowly made its way on her face as she looked back up. "Thank you."
"Shouldn't I be the one thanking you?"
"No, you don't understand- I- I haven't been feeling co-." — "no- never mind." She let out a small chuckle before laying down.

The boy bit his lower lips, chewing on it gently before laying down as well.

There was a cluster of stars. Some were small, some were big. But there was no difference. The various kind of stars just fitted perfectly with each other. It was beautiful.

Hyunjin let out a sigh of relief while sliding his hand under his head to let it rest on its palm. His eyes didn't look away from the stars, not even once.

"Giant?"  The boy merely hummed in response.
"How do these kids know you? Was this orphanage one of the places you and your parents visited?"
"Mhm. It was. I grew closer to this orphanage ever since I came in the first time." He huffed a bit. "I saw kids being abandoned, kids being adopted. My heart felt, not sorry, but rather warm around these kids. They didn't get to play and know the way of the world much."

"So I visited every weekend, just so they could at least have a pinch of their childhood spent well." He finally concluded.

"Woah." She chuckled. "And here I was thinking you were cold and arrogant." Hyunjin chuckled as well and faced her, looking towards his left side. "Do I really give that vibe?"
"Well- before yeah, since everyone always spoke about you being as cold as the north pole. But people really shouldn't judge too easily." —— "and you- Mr. Hwang. You shouldn't block yourself so easily. You should live a little you know?"

Seunghee faced him, squinting her eyes a bit. "Or is it that, you just want to keep the 'bad boy' image? Do you really want people to think that you're coldhearted?" She shook her head in denial. "Tsk tsk tsk. Boys with their images.  You were such grumpy pants when I first moved here, did you know that?"

"But then when I first saw your smile back then I happen to-." Seunghee paused then quickly laid back down. "Ah never mind. I'm sorry I was talking too much again."
"It's fine. Just rant all you want about how cold I was." He giggled to himself as the girl blinked continuously. "I- hey it's not like I really hated you okay- I- don't think of it that way- I just- ah- I'm sorry-."
"What? I'm not offended." — "You're not the first one to call me cold."