| f o u r t e e n |

Seunghee quickly got off her bed after sending that reply, 'quietly' trying to go outside her room into the small living room, hoping she won't get noticed.

"Oh! The top student finally came out?" A girl chuckled and then waved her hand. "Kim Seunghee! Where you going?"

Seunghee turned around and smiled awkwardly. "Haha don't mind me, just continue with your discussion or something. I'll just go out for fresh air." The three girls nodded and continued talking which gave her the access to finally escape.

After getting out of the big hotel room, she ran throughout the hallway, pressing the button for the elevator quickly.

She had no idea why she suddenly panicked but Hyunjin never asked her once to meet him. I mean- at the rooftop? That scared her more.

Her heart seemed to stop beating as the elevator took a while and was still at the lobby. Her eyes' attention veered towards the stairs, also remembering that the rooftop wouldn't be connected to the lift.

Seunghee began to roll up her hoodie's sleeves.
Fifteenth floor was the floor she was in, the rooftop was at the twenty-third. As she had no choice, she took a deep breath in and with no hesitation, she went into the staircase, going up.

Sweats started to fill her body up as she continued to run upstairs, pushing herself to continue even if her leg muscles started to ache.

Twentieth floor.

The girl stopped for a while and heaved a heavy sigh, looking up. "Ah Hwang Hyunjin." She huffed before moving on to continue at her last three sets of stairs.

Seunghee let out another deep sigh after finally arriving, looking at the door to the rooftop. "Why the heck is he on the rooftop? Shit what if he did someth-." The girl continued on talking as she finally opened the door, being hit by such a cold and slightly strong wind.

"Hyunjin?" She let out, starting to look around and stopped after catching a boy at the corner of the rooftop which reminded her of Sunwoo.

Seunghee lets out a sigh of relief that he's there, but her heart suddenly ached deep inside.

Seunghee approached the boy who had his head down on his knees, taking a seat next to him. "What's-." Hyunjin held her shoulders gently, laying his head down on her shoulder and continued to sob.

Pain filled my body.
Pain.
Why am I feeling sudden pain, seeing you like this?

"Hyunjin..." She placed her gentle hands on his back, rubbing it softly. "It- it h-hurts." He shattered his words and shattered the girl's heart.
"What. What hurts Hyunjin?"
"My- m-my, my heart. It-." He seemingly suffocated before continuing. "—hurts. So. Bad."
"I don't- don't- know what t-to d-do- do."

Seunghee quickly but gently raised his head up after hearing that and pulled him into her embrace. "S-shh... I'm- I'm here. Just- just cry it all out. I'm not gonna leave you. You're gonna be just fine."
"I'm sorr-sorry"

Tears fell from Hyunjin's eyes as she shook her head. "Nono. Don't apologize. It's okay to get hurt, to fall down like this. It's okay. Please let me help you, let me comfort you."

Hyunjin closed his eyes softly, nodding weakly. "Can- can we stay- stay like this- f-for a w-while?" He sniffed in between and the girl nodded in response. "I'll- i'll be here."

Warmth and comfort filled the embrace. The soft sobs faded little by little. Silence fell, but it was calm as the wind blew gently on them. Seunghee couldn't think of anything else but to just stay with him.

She felt useless if she was honest. She didn't know how to cope with these herself, she started thinking. 'How can I help someone when I couldn't even help myself?'

She closed her eyes gently, praying that his pain will go away. Out of all the thoughts that barged in her mind, she knew that Hyunjin never deserved this. She knew that he shouldn't have felt the suffocation of his heart which blew up, as if it turned into dust.

But she did her all and is still doing her all, just for his sake. Seunghee couldn't bare to lose him too.

While she was stuck in her thoughts of trillions, the boy slowly pulled away from the hug which had shock and shook Seunghee away from her thoughts.

"Thank- thank you." Was the first thing he said after the hour of silence. "— and I'm sorry."
The girl shook her head. "No.."
"Don't apologize, Hyunjin. It's okay. It's okay to feel lost, and thank you.  Thank you for calling me. For getting the courage to call out for help."

Hyunjin bit his inner cheeks. "It seems. Childish. I- I just remembered about my mom who's, I don't know? happier without me? my dad who has been nowhere, I just lost Minho, ruined our friendship, and instead of coping it with myself, I came to you when you're in pain too and-."

"Don't... you might break down again. You'll hurt yourself over and over again if you keep on thinking about it all at once. It's okay." Seunghee sighed. "You don't have to endure all of it alone, we'll make a way."
"I'm not alone, Seunghee. Just-."
"Lonely?"

Hyunjin released his cheeks and shook his head slowly. "Lost. I feel lost. I don't know what I want anymore, Seunghee." He fidgets with his hands. "I wanna feel happy but whenever I do, it ends up hurting me. I wanna feel like myself again. I wanna feel things but I'm too scared to the point I don't feel, human."

"You're not a robot, Hyunjin. You can feel however you like.. I know you're scared and it's hard, but don't hesitate anymore. Please? Yes, there's scary outcomes that may hurt you. But Giant, to be a human is to get hurt, to be a human is to live despite hardships, to be human, is to feel any possible emotions. Please be yourself around me.. I'll help you, I'll help you find yourself again. You can talk to me about anything, about kkami, your dance. Anything at all, I'll listen. Just come to me. Please."

————————————————————