| e l e v e n |

김승희's pov (Kim Seunghee)
I stretch my arms out wide as we finally got off the bus. "We're here!" I smiled and turned around to look at the 'lost kid' who's still sleepy.

"You alright giant?" I chuckled as he nodded slowly.

"Alright, before we all enter the zoo, remember that you have to take pictures of your trip. We had asked permission from the zoo and you all aren't kids so I don't have to remind you about the safety precautions, but, make sure to turn off your flashlights as you take a picture of any animal. I don't have to repeat that twice don't I? Also,  you're gonna need these pictures for your trip report which you'll be working on either by yourself or with your partner throughout the winter break."
Mrs. Jeong spoke in front of our group as some students groaned.

"This is only for Classes 11. Classes 12 has another assignment." She continued talking about the older class' project assignment.

"Ah right." Hyunjin suddenly spoke, automatically making my attention transfer to him. "Yeah?"
"Your- your shoes- I don't know if you noticed or you did it on purpose but-."

I tilted my head at him before looking down at my shoes. "Oh- oH-. Oh gosh- haha- not again." I mumbled disappointedly at myself as my shoes were two different colors and kind. 

It's been like this since the morning? how come I didn't notice it- ah dang you Seunghee

"I guess it's not the first time." Hyunjin let out a muffled chuckle, obviously stopping himself to smile as I shrugged. "Sadly. But oh well, that's that." I chuckled awkwardly.

Seeing you smile seems comforting but why are you stopping yourself?

Then finally, we could go inside the zoo. It felt like I was a kid again. Of course, more than anything, animals were the creatures I adore a lot in nature.

The first place we went to was a room which was filled with all kinds of birds from perhaps, all around the big world. Hyunjin took out his camera from his bag. "I brought this-."

"Oh- that's why you had the lunch bag thing with you- alright! Let's use that for the pictures of the trip then, if it's okay with you-."
"It's fine." He seemed to hesitate quite a bit as he handed it over to me. "Here-."

I placed the band around my neck so it won't fall off in any case. "Ooh, cool cam." I chuckled then scratched my head a bit. "I don't know how to use one though-."

Hyunjin gave me the 'oh- wow— really?' kind of look as he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly before moving beside me to reach the camera. "Well- it's simple- you just- open this and place it near your eyes to see the right angle or frame of place you'd be taking a picture of and press this one-." He paused as he pointed at the button then continued. "to take the picture. I don't recommend you to change the settings for the lightning and all, I'll just do that if you need me to."

"Oh- so it's just like that- okay I got it!" I smiled before looking around, seeing an owl on a branch inside a cage. "It's an owl!" I quickly adjusted the camera, taking a quick snap of it.

I depart the camera from my eyes to look at the picture I just took. "This camera- it- it just made the owl 10x better what the-." Hyunjin tilted his head and looked at the camera. "Oh wow- a professional." He mumbled.

As a joke, I flipped my hair even if I had a little confidence. "What can Seunghee not do?" I giggled but then, in regret I stopped, shaking my head right after."Okay never mind, I think that's what Seunghee's not supposed to do." I walked off in embarrassment.

'Tsk' Hyunjin smiled a bit behind the girl before following after her.

"Oh- h-hey! Wait up." Hyunjin yelled a bit as I stopped by a place with a little gasp. "Giant! They're letting the parrots sit on your shoulder!!"
"Do you want to try?"

"No, you try it." I smiled before pushing him towards the zookeeper but of course not making him hit them or anything. "Wait wha-."
"Would you prefer a snake?"
"No-."

"Okay then!" I looked at the zookeeper. "Hello, my friend here would like to see the parrots.. is that alright with you?"
"Why yes of course. The other one is eating so, for now, here's Mr. Patrick or Pat for short." The zookeeper referred to the green-ish parrot which was on his hand as Hyunjin's shoulder kind of flinched. "Oh just stay calm young boy" he chuckled. "Pat won't hurt you, if you relax, he'll relax."

Hyunjin nodded slowly, releasing a small exhale as the parrot was carefully placed on his shoulder. "Wahh! How cool!" I chuckled.
The parrot then started to pick up some of the words I spoke. 'Wah, cool' which made Hyunjin chuckle a bit, looking more relaxed now.

"I wanna capture this! Is it alright if I take a photo of him and the bird?" I asked for permission and when the zookeeper nodded, I took the chance to get the picture. "1..2..3.. say, Patrick!!"
"P-Patrick" Hyunjin mumbled as the parrot also went 'Patrick' causing me to turn into a giggling mess as I took the picture. "Ahh how cute!" I chuckled looking over at the picture.

"Thank you very much, sir! Mr. Patrick's such a nice parrot."
"My pleasure." The zookeeper paused as he took the parrot from the giant's shoulder and then continued. "You heard that? They thought you were nice."
'Nice!' The parrot repeated causing both of us to chuckle. "Have a nice day couple- or are you guys just frien-?."
"Just friends." I quickly replied as he chuckled. "Ah sorry I thought you two loo- I mean- my apologies. Have- have a nice day kids."

"You too sir!" I smiled before looking over at Hyunjin. "You alright?"
"Never better" He hummed a bit and smiled.

You're smiling. Gosh, thank you for smiling.

———————————————————