| s i x t e e n |

that night.
1:35 am || 01:35

Hyunjin continued to look up at the sky, his breathing was finally coming back to normal, his heartbeat started to slow down and beat at the correct rate. Finally, he could release a small sigh of relief as he's been released from the pain he felt.

Surely there weren't many stars up but the moon, the moon made it still look calming and beautiful.
Its light shines on the sky.
Even if the stars seemed blurry, this was just as enough.

Seunghee, on the other hand, still had her eyes lingered on him in a worried manner. Her hand fidgets itself. Then finally, after a hundred thoughts on what else to do, she stood up.

A hand greeted the boy's face as he finally veered his attention towards the soft and longhand.
Hyunjin looked up at the girl in question. "...Why?"

"Let's go. Let's take a walk outside." The girl smiles while offering her hand. "We're already outside."
"Yeah, but do you see any convenience store around? Nope! Let's eat."
"I'm not hungry." He muttered.

"Food always tastes better after having panic attacks. You can't possibly fall asleep right after this, plus you've always got me banana milk, so can't I treat you this time?"

Hyunjin thought for a second, scratching his head a little. "You don't want to? Okay then-." She then slowly started to withdraw her hand but the boy quickly grabbed it to stand up. "Let's go."

Seunghee smiles before walking towards the door. "Let's go then!" The boy followed after her. "We can go down the stairs one floor then take the elevator on that floor, to the lobby-."

"I didn't think of the- oh well never mind." She chuckled waving the thought off as they both went down, heading to the elevator.

"Are convenience stores open at this hour?" Hyunjin started to speak softly when they entered the elevator. She nodded in response before handing him a handkerchief once they've pressed the button for the lobby.

Hyunjin glanced over at the handkerchief then back at her. "Why?"
"You still have tears. I don't want to make you feel like I'm truly invading your space or anything."

He nodded slowly while wiping his face with the handkerchief. "Ah. Thanks. Also, you're not, don't worry, I appreciate it." His lips formed a slight smile.

2:01 am ||

"Giant?" Seunghee suddenly spoke as they were walking around the small park nearby. "Hm?" The boy licked his ice cream a bit.

Seunghee turned to face him. "What's the scariest thing to you? What comforts you the most? It can be anyone or anything."

The boy stopped his steps, "Out of a sudden?"
"No reason, my therapist always asks me that, I just got curious of yours. But- it's okay if you don't want to share." She stopped as well, shrugging.

Hyunjin took another moment to think again and hummed in thought. "Scariest... I'd say the future? There are so many possibilities, it scares me over and over. It always gets in my head at some point. And ah." He scratched his head a little. "Comfort... Music- I guess. But it depends, sometimes, music starts making me feel suffocated."

Seunghee listened quietly after finishing her ice cream. "I understand. I hope you don't think so much about the future and learn how to let it be. I guess, if it happens, then it happens. But it's fine to worry as well, not saying that-." She paused, looking down at the floor. "Well- you know."

"Don't worry, I'm trying my best not to." He finished his ice cream before smiling a bit again. "What about you?"
"Huh?" Seunghee looked back up for assurance of what she heard. "You? What scares you the most, comforts you the most?"

"Ahh... right." She chuckled a bit. "Scares me the most. I'd always say myself."
"Why....?"
"I'm afraid to hurt people, I'm afraid that I'm a monster myself. Every time- I see a mirror I just- avoid it. Just.. like that. I'm scared of myself. And comfort-?"

"Well-." She changed her gaze towards the sky, letting out a small but gentle laugh. "Still on an adventure looking for it.....!"

Despite the smile she planted on her face, the pain was clearly shown through her eyes which was where Hyunjin's focus was shifted on. He never knew that one day he would see someone smile so..... sadly.

"You'll find it. You'll learn how to love yourself. Because you're not a monster." Hyunjin spoke in a serious yet comforting tone. "Hm. I hope so." She smiles once again before looking back at the boy.

"And you, gigantic weasel. You're gonna make it. You're gonna be just as fine, you know why? Because I, Seunghee Kim, believe in you!" She scarcely chuckled.

————————————————————