| f o r t y - f o u r |

Even a fool knows | the last chapter [recording]
Minho walked towards the locker, owned by the girl who saved him. Without caring about whoever saw him, he turned the combinations and opened them.

Biting his bottom lip, he first took a deep breath and then released it.

The atmosphere felt tense and his heart raced along with the thoughts of voices in his mind— it was the last one, after all.

Minho started placing audio tapes in the girl's locker ever since she made sure to keep a distance between them. But being the stubborn boy he was, he wanted to talk to her even though he knew she would never listen to it anyways.

These audiotapes were nothing much but just him expressing his gratitude on how she gave him hope again (he did, finally, dared to join the soccer team again after all) and the sorrow he had for feeling as if he had made her scared to love.

The tapes were mostly short.
At least he tried to keep it that way.

Tape 25: the_last_track.

'Is it just me who misses us so much? I wonder how far you've gone away.' His chuckle could be heard after the line. A chuckle that expressed raw emotions of hurt.

'I feel so far away from you, but maybe that's for the best.'

'Even a fool knows' His concluding words always started with this.

'You only deserve happy days.'

'Promise me.
You'll love again, and I hope- that- the person will bring you back much more love, and much more time than I could ever give.'

Minho smiled a bit to himself and placed the tape on the locker.

'Please remember to always smile.'
'Goodbye,' he paused. 'From the fool you gave hope to.'

Minho sighed as he backed away from the locker, before closing it. It was the last time he would visit it, the locker, the school, and the memories made in that particular place for he would soon fall asleep and never wake up.

"And cut," Felix shouted to which Chan immediately put his equipment down and stretched his arms out. "Ah, we finally finished. Good work everyone!"

All the students involved in the project immediately started to thank one another for their hard work and moved on to clean the mess they had made.

Seunghee sighed, skimming the paper as a second thought suddenly barges in. "Matee, you alright?" Felix looked across at the girl's disturbed face. "Yeah. Just feel like it's a little too dramatic," she chuckled, pulling her stare away from the script to which Felix nodded.

"It is, but that's what sir wanted anyways. Plus, for a project that had a month and two weeks deadlines? We did well." Felix complimented and patted her back.

"Yeahhh Drama is swag," Changbin barges in and pats both of their heads. "You two are good writers."

"I agree, you both did great!" Chan added and stuck both of his thumbs up.

Felix shrugged, "thanks Chan and Changbin hyung! You guys did great too. I'm honestly just glad it's over now," the Aussie boy laughed. "Let's go clean up."

———————————————————————
names underlined are in honorifics
  (ex. Male [hyung] ,, Female [eonnie(if it's a female talking) noona (if it's a male talking)])