| t w e l v e |

1:05 pm.

황현진's pov (Hwang Hyunjin)
"Heyhey! Slow down no one's gonna steal your food." I shook my head in shock at the girl who was currently filling her cheeks up with noodles.

Seunghee looked at me with her cheeks filled, blinking blankly as she slowly put her chopsticks down, covering her mouth to continue chewing. "Do you like it that much?"

I sighed before pointing at my lips to let her know she has something on her face, but I guess the signal didn't reach her well as she tilted her head, finally swallowing the noodles. "Why?"

"Your- face- food." I motioned my hands 'wiping' my face and finally, she nodded in understanding, reaching out a tissue to wipe her face before letting out a giggle. "Sorry, I haven't eaten ramen in a long time."

"It's fine, it's good to see you eating well actually, I never saw you eat well, you're always staring at your banana milk."
"Ah- I only eat well when I feel good, and I guess I feel good right now."
"I wonder why."

She looked at me, giving me an eye smile. "It's because I got to see you smile again." She mumbled under her breath.
"Sorry?"
"I said, we get to see otters after we eat!" Seunghee flashes a big excited smile.

Pft sneaky.

I only nodded and looked outside the window of the small food court we found inside the zoo. "You should eat too you know. Later on, your stomach will growl again, and then you'd have nothing to eat."

I looked back at the girl in front of me who offered me a pair of chopsticks. "Don't worry it's new, mine's here." She nodded her head towards hers which were placed on the table. "It's fine."

"It's good though! Come on Hyunjinn! Try it." She pleaded, making me give in. I took the chopsticks than the bowl, trying the ramen which she said was good.

As I was slurping up the noodle, I could feel her looking at me, and of course, in alert, I looked back up. "Is it good?" She tilted her head as I nodded in full agreement.

It does taste good.
I haven't had ramen ever since my mom left.

————————————————————

You again. || flashback (Hwang Hyunjin)
The little boy slowly dragged his feet outside in the garden, fidgeting with his hands repeatedly.

Hyunjin looks around him for a place to sit and finally after finding a stone big enough for him to use as a seat, he sat on it.

"You again...?" Another boy mumbled gently before taking a seat next to him. "Hello."

The little boy looked over the kid. It was the friend he made on the first day he came over to the orphanage with his parents for donation but he lacked the energy to even say one word, so he just gave a small smile.

Minho tilted his head at the sudden change of personality the kid had. "Did something happen?" He continued to interact with the younger ones. "My mom and dad are fighting again..." He could only respond.

"Why..?"
"I don't know... they told me to wait outside here for n-now, they said nothing's wrong but as soon as I walked out of the car they-. They-." Hyunjin's tears began to fall. "Started to s-shout at each- each other."

"I'm- I'm sorry..." Minho pouted and panicked as he started to see his only friend cry. He had never comforted anyone before but he knew that that's what he needed right now, so the kid reached his hand out, in hopes to do something as his friend.

Hyunjin wiped his tears gently as he looked at the hand which was offered to him. "I'll show you something."
The younger one accepted his hand as he took him with him towards a giant tree.

"That is a treehouse." Minho pointed up as Hyunjin continued to sniff softly, inhaling and exhaling. "I know what a t-tree h-h-house i-is." His small hiccups interrupt his sentence.

Minho giggled and nodded. "Come follow me, I'll show you something cool." Minho let go of his hand to start climbing the tree, but then stopped midway as the other one wasn't following.

"I- I don't wanna fall."
"You won't!"

Hyunjin shook his head as Minho decided to come down. "Fine, you go first, and if you do fall, I'll catch you." He smiled which had the boy reassured as he took his time to get on the ladder of the wood, starting to climb.

Minho followed after.

As Hyunjin entered the treehouse, the ceilings were filled with stars, it was with cushions and blankets on the floor where you could lay down to stare at the stars.

The kid let out a small gasp in amazement at such beauty as he sat down on the cushion. Minho smiled as he closed the door and moved on to sit beside his friend. "It's cool isn't it?"

"It's amazing!"
"It's my favorite place here." Minho smiled at the boy who's currently staring at the ceiling, still in amazement. "You can lay down and watch it so your neck won't hurt!"

Hyunjin followed what the older one suggested to him and he forgot about his worries, he felt safe and calm. As if the universe held him as his worries float in ease. Minho on the other hand was quite proud of himself for accomplishing in comforting his friend.

————————————————————

Did I take advantage of my childhood?