| f o r t y - t h r e e |

11:47 pm

"And we're here," Seunghee stated as they stopped in front of her apartment. Her hands ran through Kkami's head as she carried him close and securely.

"That was fast." Hyunjin looked up at the apartment and chuckled a little before looking back at the girl who gently placed the dog down. "Yep," she chuckled, "told you, you didn't have to walk me home."

Hyunjin tsked before stooping down to wrap the leash on Kkami again, hoping the dog won't feel irritated with it this time. "Don't lie, you wanted to spend more time with Kkami over here," he defended.

Seunghee chuckled and bent down as well, stroking her thumb softly on the dog's forehead and then through the back of his ears. "How could I not?" She smiled at the dog closing his eyes, "he's adorable."

As she withdrew her hands, Kkami barked— leaning his head into her hands once more. "Pfft. Kkami am I not here?" He pouted in a playful manner to which Seunghee, luckily, didn't miss.

Her heart shattered and melted at the cuteness but she professionally managed to hide it as she then placed her attention back towards the dog. "Your brother is sulking, so I guess I should let you go now," she whispered, chuckling in between, before leaving a soft peck on his forehead.

Seunghee then pulls away, not bothering to hide the soft smile on her face as she looked back at the boy whose face was an only distance away from hers— their eyes unexpectedly meeting.

There was not much to say about this moment. They were just two lost souls who somehow found comfort in each other's eyes. A comfort so strong that it silenced the loud beating of their heart.

The suddenly shy girl took a deep breath before standing up. "Well- I uhm, I should get going, then." She reminded.

Hyunjin blinked and then stood up as well, holding on to the leash as he felt his heart feel nervous. "Oh, right. Yeah sorry," he chuckled, rubbing his nape with his free hands. "Good night, Seunghee."

"Good night," she smiles, "giant."

Hyunjin returned the smile, watching as the girl turned her back on him— moving on to walk a bit further.

Wait, shoot.
The letter.

"Uh," He let out, "Seunghee, hold on."

Seunghee turned around and faced the figure. "Yeah?"

"Sorry, I forgot to give you this," he pulled a paper out of his pocket before walking towards her to hand it over.

Seunghee looked down on the paper and took it into her hands. "It's from Haneul." He chuckled, "he uhm, got adopted recently."

"Really?" She gasped. "I'm happy for him. Oh gosh, he actually-," she opened the paper to see for herself, a smile immediately forming itself on her lips. "My heart," she muttered, rather speechless.

Hyunjin nodded with a slight smile, "yeah. Hm, I'm gonna miss that kid."

"I mean... is there any way we could still keep in touch?"

"I'm not so sure, but I'll check with the orphanage after our finals. Do you want to come with?"

"Of course." She smiled, folding the paper as she did so. "Alright, I'll let you know when haha well then... you should go, I'm keeping you up, sorry."

"No, it's okay. I'm not gonna sleep yet anyway," she admitted. "Thank you for giving me this."

"No haha, it's all Haneul."