| f o u r |

————"How we met."

"Dad dad look at this!! I've solved the block" The boy giggled while showing off the completed cube at his dad who was busy unpacking boxes. "Ah that's nice Hyunjin, but I need to bring this all to the kids, will you help me and mom?"

The kid nodded. "Of course!" He put the cube into his pocket before getting out some food and toys from the boxes, moving inside the quiet place.

"I thought there were gonna be kids here..." He mumbled under his breath before placing the things on the table. "Pst Soonie not there!" A little boy ran after the kitten who've managed to enter the cafeteria.

Hyunjin in shock, flinched as the other one took the kitten into his arms and looked at him, blinking. "Oh. I'm sorry- sorry about- that" He blankly apologized, bowing.

"It's okay! No problem! I understand." He flashed a smile at the kid. "Is that your cat?"
"Oh, you mean Soonie?" He ran his fingers through the cat's fur, shaking his head. "No, I just feed him food.."
"Oh!! Well, Soonie seems nice!"
"Tha-thank you, Soonie is nice"

"Hwang Hyunjin?" A man called out, causing Hyunjin to turn towards the man. "Oh! Dad Dad! I made a friend!" He jumped excitedly.

"Really?"
"Mhm-mhm! This is his cat Soonie- well it's a cat he feeds but anyways! His name is- his- his name is.." Hyunjin blinked cluelessly, forgetting to ask that one thing.

"..M-Minho... Lee Minho..." the other boy mumbled which was clear enough for him to hear. "Ah! Lee Minho! Dad! That's his name!" Hyunjin scratched his head a bit. "I'm sorry for not asking your name first heh.."

Minho then smiled a bit and nodded. "It's okay! I would have asked about the cat's name first too." He said. "That's nice Hyunjin, you finally made a friend hm?" Hyunjin's father ruffled his hair as the kid turned into a giggling mess. "Ahh, not my hair dad!!"

Minho, on the other hand, just watched the father and son's bonding. He wondered if he'll ever feel loved and happy, just like them. But acknowledging that he just made a friend for the first time made him feel all warm enough.

A soft bell rang. "Oh. Lunchtime... I-I'm sorry I gotta go" Minho bowed with the kitten in his arms before walking out of the cafeteria.

"Soonie... Just wait here hm? 오빠 (oppa,, big brother for females) will come back and give you food." Minho smiled a bit as he rubbed Soonie's fluffy head before placing the cat down.

———————————————————

이민호's pov (Lee Minho)
"Hyunjin!" I approached his table, waving. "O-oh 형. (hyung/hyeong ,, older brother for males)" He smiled, forcedly.

"I'm sorry.. We haven't talked to each other in a while ever since-."
"It's okay, relationships, right?"

I chuckled, nodding. "Mhm.. I guess. I mean- especially since if it's Kang Yejin. But it's a useless excuse to say that, I'll make it up to you. You're my little brother after all."

"Don't have to. You're happy and that's enough for me." He looked up at me, smiling once again. But it was visibly broken. "Let's catch up some other time." He continued whilst he fidgeted with his hands.

I knew it already... it'll just turn like this.

"Minho!" Yejin ran towards us, looking at Hyunjin. "Oh! Hyunjin, wahh we usually go to school every day but I barely see you now..."

"Has my baby brother been doing well?" She smiled at him. "Ah, 누나 (nuna/noona ,, big sister for male) ye-yes I've been well." He smiled a bit.

"Grade 12 is chaos, so it's been hard too." Yejin scrunches her nose, causing me to chuckle as Hyunjin nods gently. "I understand."

Another girl approached right at that moment. "Hey hyun, guess wh-." She paused and blinked, staring at us. "Oh, Senior Minho and Yejin..? Ah hello" she bowed politely.

"Who...?"
"Kim Seunghee, a friend of Hyunjin."
"Ahh, nice to meet you. It's nice to see that he made a friend while I'm gone, I guess it wasn't bad to leave him for a while after all" I snickered.

Hyunjin then bit his lower lips a bit as the girl chuckled as well. "Yeah, I guess so.. Kang Yejin, it's been a while!" She then flashed a smile.

"O-oh, yeah, it has. Glad you're doing well"

I tilted my head at them. "You two know each other?" Yejin then took my hands in hers, nodding. "Yeah haha.. we used to work together last year."

"Mhm!" Seunghee replied before taking a seat next to Hyunjin. "Oh alright, me and Yejin are gonna go eat, don't wanna waste your time for lunch haha, eat well you two." I smiled before turning around to walk forward another table with Yejin.

황현진's pov (Hwang Hyunjin)
The silence was suddenly flowing around the table once the two left, still thinking about what just happened.

He does seem happy, I'm happy to see him expressing his emotions nowadays, it's not every day I see his true emotions.

Seunghee cleared her throat. "I'm sorry for not coming earlier- I didn't know they'd approach you or anything." She mumbled.

"Huh? Oh, it's fine." I responded before fixing my gaze on the banana milk in front of me, handing it to her. "Here."

"Oh! Thank you!" She exclaimed as her eyes lit up but I only nodded in response. "Uh, you were about to tell me something earlier right?" 

"Huh? What? Oh!  Do you mean the trip thing?? Yeah! Mrs. Jeong just told me, all the freshmen until seniors are gonna have a trip by next week for the project! I was hoping you'd come along."
"For how many days?"
"Occupying the whole week next week I assume."

I nodded a bit, humming. "I'll see." But she slammed her milk down in a gentle but panicking manner though. "Ah please do come! Sunwoo's not able to come next week and I ain't socializing with other people-."

"You literally socialized with me but okay-."
"It'll help with you moving on too!"

I shrugged. "I'll let you know."