| t w e n t y - o n e |

1:26 pm

황현진's pov (Hwang Hyunjin)
"Kkamiiii..." I whined as my dog ran away from me but still, I was too lazy to even run after him.

I flopped on my bed once again, tired. Kkami runs outside my room, causing me to sigh then shift my own position on the bed to look up at the ceiling.

Before I could even process my own thoughts, someone started to knock on my door. "Hwang? Hwang Hyunjin?" One of the 'maids' Mrs. Jen opened the door, making me sit up. "Yeah..?"

"There's a visitor who would like to see you."
"Who?"
"He told me not to tell you."

He?
I sighed suddenly getting the idea of who it might be or- who it is. "Alright, I'll be right down, thank you." She then nodded in response before closing the door again.

I let out a small huff, ruffling my hair back as I stood up. My feet drag themselves outside my room then into the mid of the staircase and took a small peek downstairs.

"It's been a while, you've gotten more handsome."
"Ah..thanks, sir."
"How're your foster parents?"
"Parents, Sir. My parents' are doing good." He gives a kind smile as I bit my inner cheeks before continuing to make my way downstairs.

"That's good. Now, where's that-."
"Here," I mumbled and Minho glanced at me with a smile. "There's my little bro." I rubbed the back of my head, nodding slowly.

"Well then- I'll leave you two." My dad looks at me for a while. His visible dark circles under his eyes were noticeable behind his glasses, the tiredness in his eyes coldly lays itself on me. "Don't come home late." He then finally turned his back to head into his room.

I nodded, holding my breath for some reason but then released it after looking at Minho. "What does he exactly- exactly mean by don't come home late?"
"Let's hang."
"Why?"

"Why not? You don't want?" Minho tilts his head as I blinked blankly, "Well-."
He scrunches his nose and then shakes his head. "Actually- I didn't ask." He smiles a bit before taking a seat on the couch. "I'll wait. Just hurry."

After getting the signal that, I actually have no choice but to go— I left and went upstairs with no words.

This was a normal Minho and even if I had my own choices, somehow I still end up going with him.

"That old guy, psh," I mumbled under my breathe then heaved out a heavy exhale as I close the door of my room.
Why is he suddenly like this again?

1:45 pm

"Hyunjin." Minho starts the conversation as we strolled around the park. "Hm?"
"Do you still have the pictures from the project?"
"What project?"
"From last year."
I paused my walking for a bit but then continued again, sliding my hands into my hoodie's pockets.
"Yeah- I still have the video as well..." I hummed a bit then looked at him. "Why?"

"Can I have a copy of it?" He slightly lifted his left eyebrow. "Uh yeah sure. I'll see if I can put it in one of my USB's."

The conversation ended there.
Well- for now.

This walking was somehow quiet and lacked words, thoughts, and any possible chatting. Unlike before when we'd just say stupid things.

Where he'd threaten me with a tissue, where he'd ask random riddles or ask or- command me to buy food for his cats.

Today-

Today was different.

Although it was, it wasn't as awkward either. Even if I felt guilt for the feelings I had for his girlfriend, I felt somewhat, okay.
At least that's what I think at the moment.

I guess it's never always gonna be waves of laughter or jokes. Maybe sometimes we just had to go on with the silence as we think together, silently.

Actually, I never thought he'd even really visit me. I mean- of course, knowing that old guy, he really wouldn't just throw me off if he found out that I had feelings for Yejin.

But what if he finds out that I still do?

"야 (yah/hey)."
"..Why?"
"Let's go to the arcade." He faces me with his hands in his pockets. "I feel bored."
I nodded slowly. "Okay."

"Right." He spoke again and I hummed once more. "Are you and that Seunghee girl, free next week?"
"Seunghee?" I was taken back before rubbing the back of my neck. "Uh I'm free next week but I don't know if she is-."

"Just see. Next Saturday-. Yejin was asking if the four of us could hang out, she said she missed you both. So I thought- why not?" He chuckles. "I'll— I'll see." I let out a sigh.

"Good enough... now let's go have fun, the last one who arrives at the arcade will have to buy food." Minho starts running, making me scoff.

"Is he really older than me? I can't believe him-." But then I remembered, I had no money with me which pushed me to run after him quickly.

————————————————————

A/N: hey wonderful readers, I hope you're looking after yourselves. Please take care! I hope you get to smile a lot^^

I- kinda feel like not continuing this book- cause I think it isn't as good and lately, I've been struggling on what to do with it- but of course, I won't be stopping without your opinions- I want to know about your opinions on this book..? If you guys- would like me to continue or not xD.

I mean I'd probably continue either way but yeah-