| f o r t y - t w o |

3:45 pm

Hyunjin dropped his heavy backpack on the side of his room's closed door, taking his school jacket off before sitting down on the chair with a heavy sigh.

'Woah.'
'That exam was a bit annoying..'

[...]

'No, it was annoying.'

He thought back at the questionnaires before shaking his head in disgust and frustration.

Accepting the feeling of relief by the fact that it was finally over, he looked over his desk to let his mind wander for a while.

'You know, Hwang. You two are the blindest people I've ever met.'

He suddenly recalled the text that Sunwoo sent him— to which he still has yet to reply to but left as seen, for now, at least.

Feeling his stomach grumble he snaps out of his thoughts and groan, rubbing his stomach as he looked at the window of his room.

'I should take a shower first.'

Hyunjin agreed with himself on that thought and stood up to head to the bathroom.

——————-

The boy glued his eyes on the internet page he was on, reading all the requirements needed for auditioning.

Jen couldn't help but chuckle at the young man's eyebrows involuntarily pulling close together as he read. The maid gently placed down the bowl of rice, beef stew, kimchi, and other side dishes.

Noticing that the boy didn't realize this, she carried on to place a glass of water and spoke as she did so. "You're staring so much at your phone that your eyeballs will pop out just to glue themselves on it."

"Here's your food young man, eat a lot so you can study well hm?" Jen ruffled his hair to which he looked up and chuckled, nodding.

"Yes," his eyes were scarcely showing as little wrinkles formed beside it— his dimples being more visible while he slightly scrunched his nose. "Thank you."

Hyunjin shrugged the worries he recently had and placed his phone down for a while to grab the chopsticks.

Saying a little prayer of gratitude in his head, he then picked some kimchi and wrapped it around his rice before filling his mouth with it.

You got a new notification!

Hyunjin pressed the notification alert which led him to a news article. He scrolled down, reading the headline as he chewed his food.

"Bu Chunghee, the developer and owner of the famous phone brand 'hendai' reportedly becomes a father of a baby boy after a year of marriage."

'Mom was pregnant?'

The pace of his chewing becomes slower as he read the article, his heart uncontrollably breaking as his emotions wavered in happiness and emptiness.

It was still unclear to him— why his mother would just fall out of love. He knew the love his mother and father shared was unique and beautiful so why did it fall apart?