| t w e n t y - f o u r |

"1..2..3." Felix claps the clipboard.

The lights turned on, the mic was hanging just above the actors. The scriptwriter and director were watching the specific scene for their project.

Hyunjin shifted the camera onto Minho who was laying down on the soccer field, catching his breath after losing a match.

He first looked at the sky and tried to identify the cloudy sky, the more he looked at it, the more it drew closer towards him. He tried to find the sun behind all that clouds but it was missing in action.

Yejin came in with a gentle smile and covered the view in which Minho was looking at. Finally, after getting his attention, she looked over the boy for a second before offering her hand to help him get up, saying that he should try again, that he should never give up right away.

He got a glimpse of her then his eyes traced down towards her hand, the hesitance that filled him up made him shake a bit.

The boy wanted to grab the reaching hand. He was a person in need anyways, right?

But the boy refused.

He didn't want any help.
He doesn't need any help.

At least that's what he said.

So Yejin withdrew her hands to herself, her smile faded away, but she, instead, gave an understanding nod.  Yejin then turned away while Minho seemed to have regretted that.

Especially when he saw the only person who reached her hand out to him, walk away.

Should he have taken that hand?

Maybe.

Hyunjin paused the video of the film he was watching in a curious thought, "Why does Minho suddenly want this?"

— even a fool knows.
A story about a boy who used to live his life based on soccer, he dreamt of getting on the National championship, but then saw his life fade away as he had a sickness, an incurable sickness. The sickness lessened his time span as well as his hope in his future. He pushed everything and everyone away, because he knew that he didn't have a chance anyway.

He pushed everyone away because he didn't want them to hurt and, they accepted it. They walked and moved on with their own lives.

They walked away.

Except for one girl.

A girl who reached her hand out to him gave him a helping hand.

And suddenly, she became a safe place for him.

She made him enjoy his life to the fullest again,
as if he wasn't gonna die.
She taught him how to love again
and how it feels like to be loved, again.

That's why he became a fool.

Because he was deceived. Minho deceived himself that he still had a chance and that he'll make it.

He believed that it truly wasn't the end for him.

So he followed her, like a fool.

"Even a fool knows this, you're the best thing I've got. Once again I walk towards you, one more step. I'll never stop, I'll always be on track."

————————————————————

"Seunghee, did you eat lunch already?" Jeongin's mother placed down a glass of water on the coffee table, just in front of the girl as she gently took it.