| f i v e |

김선우's pov (Kim Sunwoo)
"Mom can I really not go??" I whined to my mom who was currently cooking dinner, and I demonstrated how I can move freely.
"Look look! I'm okay now! I can move here and there, I'm recovering!"

My mom watched me, shaking her head in disbelief. "Sunwoo, your temp is still high."
"But I'm fine- you know I can't leave Seunghee alone on the trip! She needs me."

"Aish you- just let that Hyunjin person take care of her, you need to fully recover first." She continued chopping the carrots. "But what if Hyunjin doesn't come."

"She'll be fine. You always worry about her, and you end up forgetting yourself Sunwoo."

"She's right sunshine" I heard Seunghee speak. "Sorry for not knocking first or anything- the door was open..-."
"Hm wonder who left that" my mother fixed her gaze on me.

"Ah! I'm sorry! Did you lock it?" I looked at her as my mom hit my head and Seunghee nodded in response anyways, chuckling. "Do you want a robber to come inside our house?"

"Ouch! Mom, I'll get even sicker" I pouted. "Ah I got it sorry then you little baby." my mom then began to rub my head, redeeming back the caring mom she is.

Seunghee chuckled once again. "Sunwoo you gotta recover first hm? Focus on that. I'll be fine on the trip, if Hyunjin doesn't come then I'll try to socialize or something I guess. Don't worry about me!"

"Pft Kim Seunghee socializing? Never heard of that before."
"Ah- shh just- just trust me on this hm? You need to recover anyways! It's worse if you force yourself when you're in such a state."

I nodded slowly, "I guess you're right..." I mumbled as she ruffled my hair, snickering. "Good boy! Ooh! What are you having for dinner? Can I help with anything?" Seunghee then shifted her attention towards my mom.

How we met-
No- how she changed my life.

"Hey, idiot. I warned you not to tell the teacher about the test didn't I?." Jae sat at my table, poking my forehead. "I didn't." I defended myself.

Jae only scoffed which turned into a chuckle. "Then explain why the heck I got called to the principal's office."
"It's your fault for not being careful. Leave me alone, Jae."

"Wah. Our little Sunwoo got tougher this year huh? Don't you remember what you did to me?" He poked my forehead again then referred to his arms which I injured accident as a kid.

"You're still harmful no matter what you do. It might've healed, but I still remember it so well~." He pouted a bit. "You had the nerve to push me off just because I stole your pointless keychain, how immature tsk. It's funny because you're the one who truly deserves to get hurt yet I was the one who was hurt. Imagine how many more lives you can cost. It'd be pathetic to see anyone friends with you." Jae chuckled.

I didn't want to hear it, but I heard it anyways. My hands started to shake a bit, remembering what I did wrong. "It's also pathetic because you're still whining about your injury which had healed two years ago to a person who once made a mistake as a kid." A girl interrupted.

Jae and I looked at the girl who approached us with her arms folded. "Sorry to interrupt your little privacy, but- what's your name again? Ah right, Jae. Tsk, I was the one who told the principal, but he's actually right, you should've been more careful."

"I thought the top student was a cool person but, turns out the top student actually injects such monster into people's head. I may not know what happened very well, but I can tell how many times Sunwoo tried to make it up to you, and it's already healed so why continue to whine about it? Is it that hard to forgive? Are you just gonna let him live in guilt for the rest of his life when you're already okay? That injury doesn't even have anything to do with the test so why bring it up?."

"I don't want you in this, whoever you are. Leave us alone for goodness sake."
"Leave him alone then I'll leave you alone. You went too far with the words you told him. Shit, you don't even know how much that can ruin a person's perspective. Please go and try to educate yourself more, just because you're rich and have such good grades doesn't mean you can be such an asshole."

I stood up, not controlling my panic attack, and just walked away somewhere away from anyone else, the rooftop.

There, I sat at the corner, losing my breath. "I-I'm s-s-sorry." I shook in fear and the sounds of a screeching ringing came into my ears.

My tears fell like a rainstorm, the flashbacks occur, the ache in my heart swallowed me until, "Hey.. kid..?" I slowly looked up to see the appearance of the girl earlier.

She bit her innermost cheeks before bending down to sit in front of me. "It was- it was an acc-accident... I I got mad at him b-because that keychain was all I had left of my- da-dad but- I- I accidentally push him off an-." She placed her hands on my shaky ones to cut me off.

"It's okay, if it hurts too much, you don't have to tell me everything. It'll only eat you more. Tell them all to me slowly, that is- when you're truly ready. I'll listen to it all. But stop apologizing, you apologized for more than you should. You're living in the past more than you should."

She wiped my tears, shaking her head. "Stop doing that. You'll lose track of the present. Jae is all healthy and safe, you didn't end his life. You're not harmful at all. It's okay, you're okay."

"And hey, I'll be your friend."
"That'll make you pathetic too."
"Eh I don't care, I'll just be your friend. I'll be pathetic then."

She helped me cope with my traumas ever since, from time to time, she was always there to calm me down on my panic attacks. She took care of me like an older sister so I wanted to look out for her too, in every way. It scares me more because she always chooses to lie about her true feelings, so I told myself to always watch her. 

But how am I supposed to?