| t h i r t y - s i x |

황현진's pov (Hwang Hyunjin)

"Guys big news!"
"Minho and Yejin broke up!"
"What???"
"Yeah I heard Yejin was cheating on him!"
"Seriously?"
"Nah Yejin's an angel, I'll believe it more if it was Minho."
"How dare you? My Minho's an angel to-."
"Shut up someone's trying to study."
"Sorry."

I scanned my own classmates and listened to their little gossip quietly. Funny because I heard something serious about my best friend, but my eyes instead found itself upon the empty chair beside me.
Will she come today?

My lips let out a sigh of worry, then thought about Minho.
Is he alright?

'Thump.'

A student places her book on the table as she hanged her back pack on the right side of it. "Where were yo-." I looked up at the figure, not knowing who the person was. "This is Seunghee's chair."

"Not anymore." She gave a smile as she sat down, placing her chin on her palm as she looked at me. "She asked me to switch. Right! Isn't your dad the Ceo of moonlight entertainment?"

"Hmmm~ could you appoint a meeting for me and your dad? I'd like to become an id-."
"Just do it yourself. There's a website and internet for a reason." I sighed before standing up to finally go and see Seunghee for myself

"I mean- I would just be able to have more advantage if he thinks we're friends.." Bora mumbled to herself. "Look,  I don't wanna lie to my dad alright? Just go enter an audition, it's up to the professional judges, not my dad."

With that said, I quickly head outside the classroom, looking both sides of the hallway before proceeding to walk to the principal office.

My feet stops walking as I met the familiar figure. "Seunghee." The girl looked up at me with a worried face. "Where were you? What happened? What's wrong, why are you-."

Seunghee kept quiet and continued to walk, avoiding me. The corner of my eyes follows as she walked passed me, but with a quick reflex, I grabbed her wrist.

"Why did you suddenly change seat? Did I do something wrong? Was it because of me accusing you of hurting Yejin?"

My eyes glued onto hers but when I saw the slight discomfort, I quickly let her go. In the realization of my manners.

February 8 | flashback

"What is it Yejin?" Seunghee raised an eyebrow after she was dragged on the roof. "You were that girl the other night, right?"

"What?"
"When me and Jae were-." Yejin sighed before shaking her head in guilt. "Please don't say anything."
"Why would I?"

Yejin's face suddenly deadpanned. "Because you're a monster." — "and-, monsters. Monsters are loud aren't they?"
"What does that have to do... you said you wouldn't-."
"Look Seunghee, I know that you like Hyunjin. Yet he liked me."

The girl folded her arms. "I know you're gonna want to destroy me just like how you destroyed your uncle, for the sake of his attention."
"I'm not like that. My uncle destroyed me. I didn't do anyth-."

"He says otherwise." Yejin then held onto the younger one's shoulder tightly. "He told me that he cried every night because of you, a monster like you." —— "tell me, are you gonna let anyone know about what you saw? Or are you finally gonna stop being a monster?"