| f o r t y |

9:46 pm | February 13.

"Hyung." Hyunjin called out as Minho turned to face him, showing a slight smile, "sup." Hyunjin soon approached him, placing his hands in his pockets before leaning his back on the fence, facing the older boy. "Been a while since we've hanged out here hasn't it?" Minho said, straightening his back as he looked across the city.

"Hm." Hyunjin nodded, "it has."

"We'd always come here after school, remember?"

"Yeah." He snickered, "we'd always talk about stupid stuff here. It feels weird even though it's only been, almost a year."

"Who's counting?"

"Uh- I don't know- me?" Hyunjin rubbed the back of his neck nervously as he'd always pass by this place from time to time for it was one of the way to school.

Minho chuckled and nodded, "thank you for counting. That's a long time already." He sighed and then opened up another topic, "you met with Seunghee right?"

"Yeah." He muttered— suddenly changing his expression to a serious- yet concerned one as he set his stare on the floor. After hearing his response, the older one nodded then asked once more, "how is she? Is she alright?"

"Mhm. She's gonna be fine. I hope." He smiled a little. "It was shocking—." Hyunjin looked up at his best friend, who was attentively listening. "She always had a smile plastered on her face- but then again it made me realized that not everyone who smiles are always happy."

"You're right." Minho said. "Everyone still has bad days and good days."

"Yep. But I'm concerned about her."

"I don't blame you." The older one sighed and casted his glance on the city in front of them, "Kang Yejin... I still wonder why she acted up like that." He shook his head, "it always was a problem. She assumed things a little too quickly." He muttered as Hyunjin slowly nodded.

"How did you find out about her and Jae anyways?" He firmly asked.

"My cousin was in that café. So she sent me a pic and asked me if it was my girlfriend and shit." He chuckled once again, "I immediately came to see for myself and right at that instant. I wanted yell on spot and drag her away from him."

"I wanted to shove him away from her, but for some reason, it felt wrong." Minho shrugged, "maybe I've matured- I'm not sure. Because I really wanted to beat him up— and honestly I definitely would do it with no hesitation but I realized-."

He eyed the younger one and then looked away, "ah nothing. It's fine. I just said this to clear things up."

"Clear what up?"

"Seunghee, of course." He raised an eyebrow, "it wasn't her. So don't worry."

"I know it isn't, though." He replied rather dryly. Minho nodded and pushed his hair back whilst releasing another sigh, "what a dramatic school year." — "sucks that it even had to be my last year here."

Hyunjin reached his hand out to pat his back, "you did good, hyung." He smiled. "Pfft. When did you get so kind?" Minho squinted his eyes jokingly as he then shook his head. "Probably because of your crush's influence hm?"