| f o r t y - f i v e |

The reunion.

The sun illuminated behind the huge buildings. Its rays repeatedly fell upon his eyes then hid behind the buildings as the car surpasses through the city, allowing the orange-like sunlight to flicker upon his eyes.

He watched as the clouds swam in the sunset's painting of purple and orange. The sun was still, being as bright as ever.

His hand gripped tightly onto his seatbelt as he leaned his head on the window with a sigh leaving his lips. "You alright there?" A manly voice started, to which he looked at almost immediately.

"Yeah," Hyunjin replied. "Fine, thanks."

His father smiled a little as he kept his eyes on the road. "I haven't driven in a while, hopefully, I'm not going too fast. You don't feel carsick?"

"No," he chuckled a little, not feeling up with recalling his childhood memories as his throat felt dry and choked. "Not at all. It's okay, dad."

He felt suffocated, nervous and scared. All these emotions, three in one.

Three years has been the longest time he ever felt all his life and to even think that after all those years he would finally see her— his heart felt uneasy.

Will she smile at me or avoid eye contact?
What will happen?
Why do I feel like this?

Ah,

Breathe.
Breathe Hyunjin.

That warmth that he once lost, would he be able to have it back? Even just for a moment. Would he be able to feel it again?

Breathe. Seek. Don't assume, just see, and you'll find your way.
You can do it, Hyunjin.
You'll get the answer to all your why's
Just breathe.

The boy finally exhaled a sigh at these thoughts, the left side of his head stinging in slight pain as he did so. "We're here." He heard a slight creaking sound from the stick as his father settled it.

Hyunjin looked out at the window again for assurance.

That fast?

He heard a seatbelt click off, urging him to remove his in immediate hesitancy. Hyunjin then opened the door of the car and got off, fixing his hair and coat afterward.

Hwang smiles right at his son as he locks the door, "let's go." He stated to which the boy slightly nodded, walking into the hospital building alongside him.

Heading towards the elevator and then pressing on the button, the two shared a moment of silence.

"Listen," his father started. "I know it's scary for you but I just want to let you know that your mother and I are now on good terms. She's happy and I'm happy. That's all that matters, right?"

"Yeah," Hyunjin replied. "It's fine, dad." He could only force a smile before holding the door open by pressing the button to wait for him to exit first. "Thanks."

Following after the old man, he released a sigh from his tight throat—a sigh that he hoped was quiet enough for his dad to deafen over. His eyes watched as his father asked the nurse nearby for the room, hearing the fact that his father was a friend to his mother.