| t h i r t y - e i g h t |

Minho looked at Hyunjin as they were gradually catching up with everything. "Hey by the way, how'd you get close to Seunghee?" The older one asked in curiosity.

"I don't know actually- she was always talkative and all every morning ever since we became seat mates this year- but never did I put my full attention on her until-."

"Until you wanted to move on?"

Hyunjin's eyes avoided his as he smacked his lips together softly, letting out a small and quiet, "yep."

———————————————————————

(s/n: quick note to mind you that [some] school in Korea (1st semester) starts from March until mid-July.  The second semester starts at the end of August and continues until mid-February — this is the second semester already:])

Eleven days before the exam

Six thirty in the morning and the whole classroom almost had all the students present. A tremendous amount of tension in the atmosphere fell on the classroom (and to most students at least).

The eleventh grade— first year of senior year, was coming to an end. Just like a flash of a camera— a blink of an eye, the chaotic yet memorable year would actually end soon. Some read their books thoroughly to awaken their knowledge before the classes start, some slept on their textbooks with no care— or less sleep, while three boys played and chattered at the back.

"Can you guys please be quiet? We're trying to study over here."

"We still have a week, no need to pressure yourself geez."

"Don't cry when you fail your exam." The girl rolled her eyes before moving on to her textbook.
Ye Jun sighed, "Let's just go outside."
The other two nodded before heading out.

Hyunjin woke up from his little slumber, fluttering his eyes open to see Bora in front of him. Still not used to this sudden change, it caused him to flinch. "You scared me." He mumbled as she made a 'what even?' kinda face.

"Sorry I guess?" Bora shook her head before continuing to read her textbook. Hyunjin looked across the room to find a seat empty, "where's-."
"Seunghee left and went home- she didn't feel well." — "are you guys even dating? Maybe you are- is it a couple's quarrel? You always look for her but she's avoiding you big time tsk tsk." She shook her head.

Bora slammed her book close before looking at him. "Right. Did you know about her parents?"

"What do you mean?"

"Turns out all that 'my parents are in scotland' play was just fake. About ten years ago? They were in a car crash and she became the only survivor." Bora sighed, "I feel bad for her though. It must've been hard to have no parents growing up."

"Who told you this?"
"I don't know someone published an article about it on social media, everyone knows bu-." Hyunjin quickly stood up. "What are-."

Hyunjin didn't look at her at all and just passed behind their chair. Bora followed his movements with her eyes and head.

"Where are you going? Class is starting in ten minu-. Ah whatever." She hissed, "that rude person ah." She shook her head again. "Tsk tsk. He's super rude for a handsome model." Bora muttered to herself, placing her chin on her palm while watching him leave in hurry.

"So this was what Yejin wanted everyone to know." Seunghee mumbled to herself and sighed, straightening her posture and faced heavenward. "It's the truth anyways, I shouldn't blame her. I mean- It was gonna be revealed anyways right?"