| o n e |

" Even a fool knows this
you're the best thing I got
I walk towards you, one more step
I will never stop

I will always be on track ."

————————————————————

황현진's pov (Hwang Hyunjin)
The rain poured softly and gently
It's a month in between autumn and winter, November.

I watched the raindrops racing down the window I was leaning on. The mesmerizing scene of the rain falling seemed to calm me.

Student chatters filled up the room, but all I could ever hear or want to hear right now was the rain dripping.

"ahh Minho and Yejin are the cutest couples to ever exist!!" one girl exclaimed next to me. "I know!!! I caught Minho kiss Yejin on the cheeks this morning" the other replied.

I bit my inner cheeks and closed my eyes after my ears still caught on hearing those painful words.

If I confessed earlier, would it have been me?
It's just a stupid crush, right? Why do I even have to care this much...

"earth to Hyunjin is he here?" Seunghee spoke in a slightly loud voice, making me flinch a bit. But instead of giving a response I let out a small sigh and gave her a glance before looking back at the window.

Her soft laughter filled my ears. "sorry but you should've seen your face when you got startled ahh" she spoke but then stopped.

I closed my eyes, ignoring every single thing as usual. "gosh Hyunjin, it's been weeks ever since-." she paused. "well- that- yiKes! You need to move on mate"

My eyes fluttered open, sighing a bit before responding. "Yeah I totally never thought of that"
"So you thought about it, but did you even try it?" she stated.

I let out a small scoff. "what's there to try? it'd be useless anyway. Mind your own business please."

"hmm well you'll never know honestly.  You can't just assume things when you haven't even try yet. I was planning to help you but alright good luck with that mate." She responded, finally quieting out after.

pft. I'm tired of trying.
People really should just leave me alone, they barely even know me gosh. I'm just selfish this way/:

"yeah okay" was the only thing I managed to say at my seat mate.

김승희's pov (Kim Seunghee)
"Kim Seungheee~~!" someone called out as I was fixing my books. "ah what is it now?" I mumbled in tiredness before looking up at the person.

Sunwoo looked at me with a smiley face.
"what are you waiting for? let's eat!"
"Sorry, sunshine I'm actually gonna-."
Before I could finish; Hyunjin stood up and headed outside, my eyes following the figure as it left.

"or not?" I sighed a bit before putting on a smile, moving on to stand up and follow Sunwoo on the way to the cafeteria. "you still talk to that cold dude" Sunwoo whispered next to me.

"he's not cold, he just acts like it, he never was" I released another sigh. "some boy's just heartbroken that's all" "ouch, just give him some time maybe?"

"I tried, honestly. But he's becoming worse, I gotta try something as his friend right?"
"you guys barely talk though..."
"nowadays, ever since Yejin and Minho dated? yeah."

Sunwoo chuckled but I deadpanned.
"I'm not jealous, it's just the truth- I think."
"I didn't say anything but alrighty then." he smiled innocently before looking around. "let's stop talking bout' sad things and eat! I bet you're hungry."

He dragged me towards the counter where they served food, I watched him take two trays and offer me one but I shook my head. "ah sorry, not hungry, not today."

His lips formed a small pout. "why not?" He said. "well- why not?" I chuckled in response, shrugging my shoulders. "I'm okay though, don't worry- you know what? go get your food, I'll find us a table."

"Well alright! Suit yourself seungseung" he responded. I patted his head once before turning around to look for an empty and available table——and finally finding one, I made my way towards it and took a seat to wait.

My eyes looked around the wide room filled with students but end up getting caught by a boy who got left by his own best friend and started to play with his food, alone.

I scrunched my nose softly, sighing.

I was gonna let him be, because, mind my own business right? I respect his situation so much but heck I just can't see people like this- not even him. —Agh. Here goes nothing

With a slight risky feeling of regret, I stood up and made my way towards him, approaching him, once again. "You know your food won't feed you by looking at it right?" I sat down in front of him.

Hyunjin scoffed softly. "Do you even know what personal space means?" he looked at me then down at his food. "If you want food here. Don't talk to me" he pushed his tray forward me.

"Eh....—no thanks" I shook my head, pushing it back. "..not hungry."
"oh? okay." He replied.

The cafeteria was noisy but this table suddenly fell in a fragile-like silence and my eyes scan him as he stopped moving his spoon around the tray.

It took a moment before he stood up. "Sorry- sorry, I'm sorry. Just, just leave me alone." he mumbled weakly.

"It's okay- but- are you..." I bit my inner cheeks in thoughts of processing my words before speaking again. "I'm- I'm here, Hyunjin...I'm always here to help you...you know that right?" I looked up at him, my eyes met a pair of eyes that seemed to almost fill up with tears.

"I don't need help. You don't know how much it meant to me, you don't know how many times people just left me, you don't know how happy I was until all this happened, you don't know the pain I feel right now, you don't know how regretful yet selfish I feel right now and you don't know anything about me so just go away...please..." His eyes were shaken a bit and from there, he walked off.

I'm sorry, Hwang Hyunjin.