| t h i r t y - s e v e n |

Hyunjin looked at the apartment door in front of him, his hands paused above the doorbell in hesitance then he pulled it back again.

He sighed until he was finally ready to hit the doorbell. However, before he could proceed with his actions, the door swung open.

"Oh. Hyunjin." Minho looked at him surprised before looking where his hands were. "How long have you been outside?"
"Ah- hyung- I just- came."
"Don't you guys have study hall today?"
"I skipped, how about you?"
"You already know."

Hyunjin nodded awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Were you off somewhere?"
"Yeah. I was just gonna take the trash out, it's a perfect timing." He chuckled softly.

Minho picked up a black plastic bag. "Do you need help?"
"Yeah watch my cats for me please, my parents aren't home." Hyunjin nodded, making a way for him to step outside. "Don't bother Dori much today, she doesn't feel well." The boy nodded as Minho smiled as if he was forced to. "I'll be quick."

Hyunjin nodded again before closing the door, sitting down on the couch. He looked across and saw Dori, who was in his little house, Soonie sleeping and Doongie, who was just laying down.

His cats were kinda as scary as Minho but also as soft as Minho, depending on their mood. Hyunjin carefully tried to approach the grey striped one whom he never met before. "Are you Dori?" He tried to pet his head but Dori hid further inside. "Oh- right- I'm sorry. I won't bother you." The boy quickly stopped and scratched his head.

"I'll just- uh. Sit-." He stood up again then sat on the couch, waiting for his best friend to come along. His eyes wandered around. "Their house seems to be in perfect condition." He murmured, looking at the pictures of them together. "They look like a great family." He smiled a bit.

The door unlocked, revealing Minho with his spectacles and messy hair. Minho entered and headed straight towards the kitchen to wash his hands, inhaling a bit then exhaling to prepare himself before he went to meet his friend.

"What brings you here though?"
"Are you alright?"

The older one raised an eyebrow as he took Doongie in his arms, sitting down on the floor. "What do you mean?" Doongie walked away from his embrace. "Yej-."
"Ah." —— "Should I even care at this point?" He chuckled.

"It's just amazing you know? How love can be so beautiful yet so harsh." He sighed and shook his head. "I actually was sorry this whole relationship."
"Why would you be sorry?"
"Because I stole her from you. I knew you liked her so much but I got greedy."
"Hey- it's the girl's choice remember? It's not your fault. I don't blame her for liking you."

"I was sorry but now I'm glad." Minho stated with a laugh. "Because at least I'm the one who got fooled, not you." He looked up at his best friend. "You also made friends. That's good."
"What happened anyways..?"

"This Jae dude from your class before." He pushed his tongue in his inner cheeks. "Turns out they liked each other even before we met, she just didn't want anyone to know that she was dating someone younger so there- I got used."

"I feel like a fool." He looked down, petting Soonie's head softly. "But I'm glad I caught her before I fell deeper."

"I'm sorry hyung. You deserved better."

"No, you deserve better. I've been nothing but rude and cold to you. I ditched you so many times just for her."

"Hyung- it's love. You can't blame that. It's okay, plus, like you said, I made friends right?" — "let's focus on you first okay?"

Minho chuckled. "Stupid. I'll focus on myself, you focus on you. I'm fine, you know me. I'll get better in a few days. I'm not a baby." He mumbled. "now can we stop talking about me? I'm fine I told you."