Chapter 45: A New Enemy

Location: Fort Hill JSDF Base
Time: 2100 Hours
Date: 04/25/2013

200 miles away from Alnus Hill

After hearing the disappearance of the other Recon team's in Italica every single military base of the JSDF stationed in Falmart are now moving to mobilize an entire battalion to Italica to ensure the city and it's people. The JSDF troopers were all curious of why they were going back to Italica at a time like this especially of what's happening back on their world. They were just hoping that nothing would turn worse here than it already was.

There was another rumour spreading out like wildfire in the military community. Words have been spreading that S.A.T.O. send out a group of soldiers to investigate the Recon Team's disappearance and didn't turned out good as they were ambushed and forced to retreat. It just turned serious whatever ambushed the future soldiers must be dammed good, and that is the reason why Commander Yanagida organized an entire Battalion to go and take back Italica.

Itami entered his own barracks where he spotted his unit now getting ready for the assault. "Ready, everyone?" He asked as they all stood up.

"Yes, sir!"

Itami nodded and moved out. "Let's go, people."

As they exited the barracks they were also met with other units all dressed up and ready to go. The only thing that is missing is their weapons and ammo which is located in the armory.

As they were waiting patiently to grab their weapons, Kurata tapped Itami's shoulder and asked. "So, um, sir? What happened at Italica?" He whispered to the Lieutenant.

Itami sighed and shook his head. "Don't know, the higher-ups won't even say a damn word about the status of the Recon Team there."

"Whatever it is it better not be worse." Tomita said to the conversation. "Our situation back home is already bad. Hopefully here is more better."

"Let's not jinx it." Itami said.

Radar Tower

Up above the tower several Japanese operators are working on the radar tower monitoring anything in the sky. Their officer sat down on the nearest chair and checked for status on the ground team.

"Kai, report?" He ordered.

"Sir, Alpha 0-1 and Whiskey-Hotel are ready for takeoff."

"Tell them their clear."

"Yes, sir."

As he was about to sat down again he spotted a strange object appearing on the radar. "What the hell? Is that an island? 10 miles north?" He pointed as several of the crew looked at the radar.

"What the hell? It's 8 miles sir... 1 mile sir... how in the hell is it getting closer!"

He exited the tower and went and look with his binoculars. And three words can only express of what he has seen with his two eyes. "Oh my, God."

With Itami

Down below the JSDF troops were all having a conversation when suddenly a dark shadow covered the moonlight shining down on them. They looked up to see and gasp at the sight before them. It was a spaceship much larger than an aircraft carrier hovering above their heads. They couldn't tell if it was one of S.A.T.O.s own ships due to the fact that the only thing they see is the belly of the monstrous spaceship.

"What the hell?" Itami muttered.

As one of the chinook helicopters were taking off a laser beam shot down and destroyed the helicopter. This caused a panic around them especially for the troops who didn't have weapon to fire back. Itami and his unit scattered around taking cover while their anti-aircraft weapon system fired, but it hardly mattered as the ship looks to have a energy shield.

"This way, this way!" Itami shouted as his unit stayed close behind him. He's unit stayed close behind him as they avoided many debris from their heads as the spaceship continues to fire at them.

Few of the F-16 started to takeoff only to get shot down by a small purple aircraft coming out of the ship. The ships guns glowed brighter and fired a direct energy blast at the ground.

BOOM

The explosion was loud as hell as it defends their ears for a few minutes. Itami tries to focus but he couldn't anything at the moment. He opened his eyes to see a huge dust cloud. He spotted a building nearby and entered, he looked behind and quickly grabbed his unit inside.

"Everyone okay!?" Itami shouted with his ears still banged up.

*cough* *cough* "I'm good." Kuriyubashi said coughing from the smoke.

Itami looked to see Tomita, Kuriyubashi, Kurokawa, and Kurata were the only one's present. More than 3/4 of his original squad is now gone, but before he could speak out to them. Gunshots followed a scream can be heard outside. They looked out the window to see a female soldier get tossed out her body splattered from how hard the throws was. They spotted several more soldiers firing their weapons at something. Another soldier got shot at the leg and cried out in pain as he crawled away.

That's when they spotted a huge being marching towards the injured soldier. It has red armour and a helmet which covered it's face. It muttered to a language the could not understand.

It activated some sort of energy sword similar to the one's S.A.T.O. was using it shouted and cut the soldier's body in half.

"What the hell was that!? Kuriyubashi asked.

"I... I don't know." Itami said completely frozen and dumbfounded of what he just witnessed.

Itami was about to answer when several pods dropped down in front of the building. When the hatches open it revealed a different creature. This one much more taller and has a hammer by his side.

"Move! Go! Go!" Itami shouted as they all run.

The massive creature bust inside the concrete like nothing as it spotted them. It roared and chased them. Itami and the other's run as fast they could as the giant chased them, but thanks to the small narrowed hallway and smaller size of the building the giant was slowed down a bit, but it was still able to catch up. Itami then spotted a door in front of them which leads to the basement. "Their the door!" He pointed.

"You think we wouldn't know that." Kuriyubashi shouted back.

The all jumped together as they made it to the door. The creature roared at them as it couldn't fit even when it tried to kneel. The giant roared back in anger and frustration and left them.

They all sighed in relief but it didn't help as gunshots and screams can be heard outside. "What the hell is this?!" Tomita said breaking the silence.

"I... I don't know." Itami said shaking.

"Lieutenant." Itami turned to Kurata who was shaking. "What are we gonna do?" He asked.

Itami inhaled and exhaled before responding. "We're gonna go to the command room and send out a signal for help. I don't care who we send it S.A.T.O. or General Hazama were gonna need backup. Okay." He said as his team didn't object as it's the only option they have of getting rescued.

They went and exited the basement using another door which lead them to another spot in the building. Kurata take point and stayed close to the walls as his team followed him from behind. He turned around and looked to see it's now clear.

The base is now total silent as gunshots can no longer be heard outside. Kurata opened a door as they entered another section of the building. He came around a corner and signaled them all to stop.

"Kurata, what's wrong?" Itami asked as he noticed that the young man was sweating more.

Suddenly out of nowhere an energy blade stabs and pierce Kurata's stomach. "KURATA!" Itamic shouted in fear and worry as his friend was lifted off the ground. "Oh my, god! Go! Go! Go!" They didn't need to be tell twice as they run as fast as they could and by luck the command room.

"Barricade the door!" Itami ordered as they went and use whatever is inside to block the exit door.

To Be Continued