Chapter 5: Battle Of Italica and Diet Meeting

Location: Italica City
Time: 0900 Hours

A Special Forces Team with T-740 Hovertank, and a JSDF recon team stood outside the southern gate in their defensive position, guns pointed at the encroaching enemy forces. S.A.T.O special forces were all at the front of the gate, all prepped and ready with the T-740 in the front. The JSDF contingent were at the rear preparing themselves and discussing with their commanders the situation at hand.

"Yeah sir, we're at Italica but some other folks got there before us." Itami said nonchalantly before he flinched back at the receiver loudly demanding an explanation. "Well sir… How should I put this way? They're not from the special region since they're basically the space UN from the future."

There was a period of silence before the voice on the other side of the radio was more audible as the team could hear their commanding officer voice scream. "I'm not joking here sir, they're really space UN from the future I swear! Also, our team and them are about to defend the city from an army of bandits about to attack us in few minutes, so we could use some backup in case things to sour." Itami requested, which his commanding officer accepted.

Itami turned to face his team and the falmartians with him. "Guys, I have good news: command is going to send the 4th combat unit to Italica. Bad news is, it's going to take around an hour or so for them to get here."

"Honestly with the firepower S.A.T.O brought with them." Kuribayashi pointed to the Special Forces in their defensive position. "A platoon of soldiers with advanced weaponry and hover tanks… I don't think the bandit army would stand against us."

Kuriyubashi at the moment was being treated by Mari Kurokawa. Her nose is broken and the medic is applying bandages on her nose. "He hit you really hard didn't he." Mari said.

"Guy's tough." Kuriyubashi muttered.

"He's strong. Strong enough to break your rifle in half." Kurata said watching Sentinel and Blue Team in the other side patrolling.

"Never in my life will I ever see people from an alternate reality." Tomita said

"I know right. Look at them, they have a freaking hovertank A FREAKING HOVERTANK. I may be an anime mystical fanboy, but as of today I believe SCI-FI IS THE BEST." Kurata squealed in excitement his inner fanboy getting the better of him.

Down below the S.A.T.O Special Forces shook their hand in amusement. "Amateurs." Fred said.

Despite the Japanese Self-Defense Force being professional soldiers in their own timeline, what their all seeing are SDF being undisciplined cowboys no professionalism even at a crucial time like this where the enemy is now approaching the city.

"How did they even pass military school if that's how their acting." Knox said looking at the Japanese man squealing in excitement.

"There more undisciplined than your ODSTs." Gideon said to Linda.

"They are." Linda responded. "But Japan in the 21st Century is only a Self-Defense Force not a military army like the United States. They have little to no field experience."

"True to that." Gideon said.

While the others were just casually talking to each othef Cortana contacted Chief. "Chief, you got bandits 12° e.t.a 2 minutes."

"Copy, send S.C.A.R Team for air support."

"Already on his way with Noble and Red Team."

"We got enemy bandits closing in get ready." The others nodded as Sentinel Team got out of their spots and ready their weapons. Fred entered the T-740, the tanks jet boost glowed blue as its landing pads folded back.