Chapter 31: The Easy Day Was Yesterday

Location: South China Sea
Time: 2200 Hours
Date: 04/08/2013

Leaving Okinawa 3 hours ago, the U.S. Seal Team 6 are conducting a joint operation with S.A.T.O. 5th Battalion O.D.S.Ts. Despite the SEALs being a bit jealous that they were assigned as backup on the mission their conducting. Of course that didn't go well for the SEALs, but a word from their Commander said that the mission must he a success.

The Operation is called Wetwork. Commander Palmer and General Shepherd will be the acting Commander of the mission.

"Team, my name is Sarah Palmer. Acting Commander of the O.D.S.Ts 5th Battalion. I'll be leading you to this mission." She introduced.

"And I'm General Shepherd. Commander of Task Force 141. I'm here to also assist you on this Operation."

"Um, sir. It seems were heading the wrong direction. Shouldn't we be in Europe joining the fight?" A Seal asked the General.

"Plenty of fight to go around, soldier." Shepherd replied activating the screen with a map of the South China Sea. "I'm taking you guys to the South China Sea, and you'll be meeting with the 6th Fleet." Shepherd said as the map now shows several oil rigs.

"Oilrigs, sir?"

"Russians are using them as an oil depot for their weapons and vehicles." Palmer said zooming in the objective. "Oil workers are human shields. So we can't just blow up the rigs wholesale. And this is one of the least defended."

The soldiers around them took a closer look on the screen as several red marks were indicating where the hostiles are located and several blue tags are showing where the hostages are located.

"Your mission if to get those workers out." Shepherd said sternly. "The Russians have already taken most of Europe, we can't let them take over Asia."

"I realized that the feeling is mutual, and I know you have strong feeling for us." Palmer stepped in with her hands on her hips. "You will keep those feelings out of the mission and follow the plan. Clear?"

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Good. SEALs you'll be teaming up with Fireteam Majestic and are assigned to take on the first rig." Palmer said

"Now move it. We've got a job to do." Shepherd announced as the teams left the room.

Location: South China Sea (Oilrig)
Time: 0200 Hours
Date: 04/05/2013

Down beneath the ocean on the South China Sea were two USS Virginia class submarines diving below the oilrig. One of the submarines were carrying the SEALs while the other was carrying the ODSTs.

"USS Chicago actual to drydock shelter. We have a go." A Sub-Commander reported.

"This is Texas to drydock shelter. We're a go." Another Sub-Commander reported.

"DDS hangar flooded. Full pressure."

"Begin deployment."

As the Sub-Commanders gave the green light, both submarines deployed their DDS and launched forward with SEALs and ODSTs heading to the oilrig.

"Team One. SDV is away."

"Team Two. SDV is away.

Both SDV shoot out of the submarines with both teams giving thumbs up as they are ready to head to the objective. "Hotel Six bearing Zero-One-Niner."

"Hotel Six depth 20 meters."

The Teams looked up as they can see the oilrig above them. "Team two at the objective." DeMarco reported as he and his team let go of the SDV and went up to the surface followed by the SEALs.