Chapter 43: First Contact

Location: Alnus Hill, Falmart
Time: 1300 Hours
Date: 02/11/2559

Back at Alnus Hill everything was going well with Lasky and his forces mobilizing and protecting Japan and it's neighbouring countries from Makarov and his army they didn't have to worry about anything, but that didn't mean they have to let their guard down.

Only a few days ago the General of Alnus Hill assemble a small recon team comprised of Japanese, Americans, and Koreans to travel to Italica and protect it's perimeter from any bandits. And couple of days later the group has not reported ever since, as if they went dark.

"General?" Commander Yanagida entered the room. Saluting the General. "5th Recon Team is now ready to deploy

The General nodded. "Good. Send them to Italica and find out why that Recon team hasn't reported."

"Yes, sir." Yanagida saluted as he exited the room.

3 miles to Italica
Time: 1310 Hours
Date: 02/11/2559

Just several miles away from Alnus Hill was a group of U.S. Raiders all good and heading towards Italica to investigate the disappearance of one of their recon teams. The team is consisted of 3 humvees and 2 Cougar 6x6 armored vehicles.

The leader of the group is Cpt.Chris Jackson. He is a member of the United States Marine Corps and has been in service for almost 8 years now. He was a veteran of the War in the middle east. After that he was pulled out of Afghanistan and was transferred to Falmart where he and several other soldiers world wide got to work with S.A.T.O. Troopers.

His other members of the team were Cpl.Alex Johnson, Lt.Diego Martinez, Sgt.Joseph Rodriguez, and finally their tech genius and Rookie Pvt.Kozak, other members of the recon team were consisted of other nationalities consisted of Russian Loyalists, Japanese-SDF, and several Korean commandos.

"Here, here, you see that shit." Alex said showing them a video of the Hover tano destroying an Abrams tank. "There goes $8.92 millions dollars of military money."

"Still can't believe it." Kozak commented watching the video. "The amount of energy to tear off the Abrams is incredible."

"Yeah, yeah. We got it." Alex said rolling his eyes.

"But seriously look at it." He said replaying the video to slow motion. "From what they said about the cannon it's as powerful as a Tomahawk missile which is by my guess should be around 125 tons of TNT."

The two soldiers keep bickering about S.A.T.O.s conventional weapons but the Captain is more focus on the task at hand. As he was about to silence the two soldiers in front the leading humvee in front of them stopped.

"What the hell is going on?" Diego asked as a Japanese soldier came out and checked it.

Cpt.Jackson exited the Humvee and inspected what's going on. "Hey, what the hell is going on?" He asked the Japanese soldier.

No response came as he looked to see an abandoned cart left in the middle of the road. "No idea, sir." The Japanese soldier said. "We thought we spotted runner's heading too...." The soldier stopped when he pointed towards the castle wall.

"Italica." Chris finished. "All units this is Cpt.Jackson were now approaching Italica eyes open." He said through his comms before getting back inside the humvee. "Seargent get us inside." He ordered as Joseph slowly followed the lead Humvee in front of them.

As they were approaching the castle gate they noticed that the town is too quiet. There were no signs of people.

"Didn't we just cleared this place last month?" Kozak asked looking outside the window.

"We did." Joseph replied driving deeper into the town. "Now. It looks like a ghost town." He commented brightening the headlights due to the heavy fog.

"All units spread out." Chris ordered as they exited the vehicles and explore the entire town. "Stick with your team. Rendezvous at 30 min." He said as each team splits up and made their separate ways.

"Check it out." Kozak said looking at the window of a small house finding it empty and deserted. "Something fishy is definitely going on here."

"Focus on the task Kozak." Chris said with his M4 pointed in front for any threats.

"Captain, you should take a look at this." Alex said as the others went and followed him.

Parked behind the castle is what appears to be the remains of the previous recon team. The vehicles that were parked behind the castle consists of a JLTV (Joint Light Tactical Vehicle) and a M2 Bradley IFV. What disturbed them is that the doors of the vehicles were both open and the radio is open but there were no sights of the soldiers.

"Where the hell are the soldiers?" Diego asked looking around the IFV.

"Not sure." Chris replied looking at the interiors of the Humvee to find no one inside operating the vehicle. "All units this is Jackson, did you find anything?" He asked through the radio and to his surprise no response came.

"All units this is Jackson respond?" He asked again only to receive none.

"What do you think happened..." Alex was cut off when a shot was fired from nowhere and sets the team into surprise.

"Drag Alex now." Chris shouted firing from where the shots came from.

"Alex? Alex you alright?" Diego asked turning his body. "Holy fuckin shit." He said.

"What?" Kozak asked while taking fire. He looked down on Alex's head to see his entire face is blown to peirce with a purple crystal stuck in his head. "Holy shit." He muttered in fear as it's he's first experiencing death in his unit.

"Get back to the Humvees. Lieutenant last man." Chris said taking off and moving from another cover.

Kozak moved next tapping Joseph's soldier before moving to where his Captain is located.

"C'mon Lt!" Chris shouted laying support fire.

As the Lieutenant was about to move he was bombarded with needles behind his back and pierce his skin he's body didn't even protect him at all as it was easily penetrated.

Chris and Kozak were about to move when an explosion send them flying to a nearby house wall and crashed in front. They slowly opened their eyes to see a huge figure coming out of the smoke. It didn't look human and it didn't match any of the living creatures in the Falmart. The figure stood over 8ft tall covered in a red and white armor that doesn't belong to any Alliance in the empire but what's disturbing it's its face as it has a mandible.

"Captain, what the hell is that?" Kozak asked as his hands were shaking.

"No time. Get your ass up. We gotta move." The Captain instructed as they ran as fast as they can.

Kozak turned around to see the large creature look at them before it disappears. "It's invisible, Captain." He said while running as fast as he could.

"What?"

"It's invi-ACKKK." The Captain stopped to see a glowing blade pierce through Kozak's chest killing him instantly. He was about to run off but something grabbed him in front.

He looked to see a large figure much bigger than the previous creature and it has similar armor design as the other, but only this time it has a different look as it has a face similar to that of a human with hair, but with pointed teeth and scars across his face.

"Weak." He growled in disappointment.

He walked over to a nearby house and nodded at the two Brutes in front. The two nodded in return and opened the door. Jackson looked down and much to his horror and disgust is the remains of the rest of his platoon being eaten alive by Unggoy and Kig-Yar.

"No, no!" He shouted as Atriox tossed him inside and the Brutes closed the door.

The sound of screaming and flesh tearing apart can be heard from above as Jackals and Gruntz below devoured the remains of the human soldier.

"These humans are weak." Atriox turned to an Elite tossing another human body inside the pit. "These humans are weaker. Weaker than the first humans we've fought so many years ago. Give me a real enemy, a real challenge and then you can give your compliments."