Chapter 36: American Consumption

Location: Paladin HQ
Time: 1500 Hours
Date: 04/15/2013

Several days after the Operation in Paris, France S.A.T.O is still waiting for an actionable intel that will help them end the war and also to stop Makarov.

Inside of the Paladin everyone is waiting for the next mission with Noble and Red Team in armor and ready to go. Same goes to Sentinel and S.C.A.R Team, the only people who weren't on the ship were Blue Team as they were in called in for Operation: Clockwork somewhere in Italy along with Delta Force and Army Rangers.

The S.M.I. suddenly started beeping as Cortana appeared in the screen. "Team, we got a problem."

"Give us the heads-up, Cortana." Cormack ordered.

Cortana nodded and showed them a map of Chicago, Illinois. In the screen shows several S.W.A.T Teams on standby as the entire building was on lockdown. "Chicago S.W.A.T Team is currently on a hostage rescue, but has no demands. The only thing they want are for the police to stay out of the area."

"Why take hostages if you don't want any?" Jerome asked.

"Don't know, but there is something I also dug up." Cortana reported pulling up a radio spectrum. "The radio frequency these hostiles are using are similar to the ones Makarov is using."

"Then let's go and say hello." Mitchell said cracking his knuckles.

"Alright, we only need w Operator for this. Team stand down." She ordered causing Emile to growl as he wanted some action.

The Paladin then made a 180 degrees turn as it descended from space and into earth's atmosphere. Once in the surface the aircraft cloaked and activated it's low detection to avoid radar detection.

10 Minutes Later

"Cortana, I'm here." Mitchell reported.

"Copy. You're green light, Sentinel."

Mitchell came down the rooftop and opened the door. Once inside he opened an air vent and went inside which lead him to the main lobby where several hostiles can be spotted all wondering around with armed weapons.

He slides down the pipe and disarmed the first hostile before choking him to unconscious. He moved to another cover and spotted another hostile. He surprised the assailant by performing a low kick to the leg follow up with a karate chop to the neck. He sprinted to the exit which earned the attention of several hostiles as they heard someone running in the shadows, but as they turned the corner Mitchell trapped the first person before shooting the second guy and choked the man in his arms.

Mitchell flipped down his multi-vision goggles and spotted two personnel in the exit.

"Hey, you?" He said quietly enough to get the guy's attention which he did.

The hostile followed the source of the voice, but found nothing and as he was about to turn something kicked him from behind and puts him in a chokehold.

"Don't move. Don't even breathe."

He then smashed his head to the wall painting it with blood splatter. Mitchell moved to the next targets and swiftly took out the next three before entering the exit and dropping the last guy inside.

"Cortana, I'm entering the festival hall." Mitchell reported.

"Any sign of the hostages?"

"No, just untrained idiot with cheap gears." Mitchell responded entering an air vent. "I'll get them out. Don't worry."

As he moved to another cover he spotted several guards talking to each other. He moved forward and slammed their heads to the wall knocking them unconscious. The noise was a bit loud and Mitchell could hear a person from the other side saying 'I'll check it' he turned and moved to the shadows and as he the guy was close enough he move forward and choked him to unconscious.

He move to the door and opened it, Mitchell crouched low to avoid being detected as he move forward and took out the other three hostiles which gave him the clear. He looked and inspected the room to see the room filled hostages strapped in a zip tie and face covered with a cloth.

"Cortana, hostage's secure. The place is wired with C4 and all the hostiles are down. What's Gideon status?"

"He picked up several intel when disarming the enemies in the sewers and water filtration plant." Cortana reported. "Get back to the Paladin we've got some big news."

10 minutes later

"Gideon, just found an actionable intel of Makarov's bomb maker: Volk is in Paris." She said pulling up a file of the man.

" She said pulling up a file of the man

"We need to act before he bolts. I'm sending in Noble and Blue Team for this job while Sentinel and S.C.A.R will be on standby." She said before pulling the schematics of Fregata Industries.

"The bastard used Fregata Industries as a front to distribute the WMDs

"The bastard used Fregata Industries as a front to distribute the WMDs. I'm sending this link to the 141 right now get ready you'll be joining with French Special Forces on France on locating Volk. GIGN is trapped deep between enemy lines, but they're pinned down."

"And you want us to unpin them?"

"Prosecute the target as needed, but Volk comes back alive. Go now Operation: Bag and Drag is commencing."