Chapter 17: Crew Expandable

Location: M510 Mammoth
Time: 1700
Date: 11/09/2558

Seating in the living room of their mobile command center is Chief, waiting for the upcoming missions that are still need to be briefed to the entire team. The only problem is that they have to wait until for O.N.I. and the C.I.A to confirm the locations of the missing citizens before they make their first move.

Across the table, he looked to see his teammates talking to their families and friends back home. Mitchell and Carter were seating together having a talk with their wives and children back home. Lasky told the team that their family visit will be delay for another month because of the situation at hand right now, which is rescuing the missing citizen from Japan.

John right now is waiting for Jennifer to pick up the call, since back home she was a lawyer and was busy - mostly on papers - and with his newborn son, which John can't wait to see. A minute later the call is now answered and is shown Jennifer on her suit with a big smile on her face.

"Hey, Jennifer? How's thing going back home" John said with a smile.

"Everything is looking good honey." She said as a sound of a glass can be heard from the screen. She smiled before saying. "Hang on, I have someone to show you." John smiled knowing that he's about to meet his newborn son. "Sweetie." She said appearing in the screen with a blue blanket and revealed to be a baby boy. "Say hi to Daddy!" She squealed as the baby looked at the screen and smiled.

John smiled, his hand touching the screen as he was trying to touch his son's cheek. "Look at him, he's so small, and look at those cheeks. I just wanna squish them."

The baby babbled in response as he was reaching out the screen. "What's he's name since you wanted to name our kid when he's a boy?" John asked smiling.

"He's name is Sam." She said.

John stopped, he hasn't heard that name for decades now. "Sam?"

"Yeah, for a reminder of your brother that you served. I"m pretty sure it fits well."

John smiled in response. "Baby, we made a good-looking kid. I know that people say that all the time, but wow, we made one good-looking kid. Nice work."

Jennifer smiled scooting Sam closer. "He has your eyes."

John looked surprised as he tries to get a closer look at his son. "He has my eyes?" He said with a smile.

"Yep, he has your eyes." She said as Sam started to cry. "Uh-oh he probably needs a drink." She said playfully tickling his stomach which made the baby giggled. She grabbed a bottle of milk that was on the table and gave it to Sam which the baby took it happily. "He doesn't know you yet, but he will eventually."

Before John could respond, Roland appeared in the holotable. "Team, Lasky has a mission briefing for you, be in the command center at 5 minutes." He announced before disappearing.

"I gotta go duty call." John said.

"Well, good luck out their John." She said with a loving smile. "Say bye-bye to daddy sweetie." She said gently grabbing the babies hand and waving , earning a laugh from Sam. John waved back in response to his son.

"See you later Sam." He said before shutting off the computer and standing up to meet in the command center with Lasky and the rest of the team and the 141.

Most of the S.A.T.O. team, and Task Force 141 finally arrived in the briefing room. The 141 seems to be doing very well the past few says, teaching them their own equipment and weaponry and war game simulations. A minute laster the caller's ID was flashing on the screen and Cpt. Kai of the ODST clicked the button and Lasky appread in a hologram form.