Chapter 39: Street Fight

Location: Santorini, Greece
Time: 1400 Hours
Date: 04/15/2013

As Sentinel Team took down the meeting in Santorini, Red Team is inside of a black van driving in the streets while the Sentinels are giving intel on Red Team. On the driver's seat Jerome is driving while on the back were Alice and Douglas patiently waiting for the next move.

"Red Team, you read me?" Cormack called out.

"This is Jerome. We heard you." Jerome replied.

"Intel on the meeting says their transporting the chemicals in a white van." Cormack reported.

On the back Alice and Douglas were monitoring several holo cams as they're trying to locate the white vans. Alice then spots the target as her scanners also picked it up.

"I've got a visual on the van." Alice reported as they tapped into the cameras outside and spotted the van near them. "We see'em." Jerome said.

As they take a closer look they notice there's not just one, but two other white vans moving with the it. "It's a decoy." Jerome said. "Douglas scan for the van with the radiation."

"On it." Douglas said scanning each vans. "Found it. Front one."

"That's our cue." Jerome said exiting the van.

Douglas and Alice also exited the van with Jerome surprising many people of their tall robot appearance. They pointed their weapons at the truck and fired several EMP rounds at the vans freezing it.

"Get out of the car with your hands up!" Jerome ordered as several men exited the van shouting at them and when they saw the Spartans they immediately pull out their weapons, but Rex Team was fast enough to quickly fired back and drop'em dead.

Several more men exited the van. "Freeze! Don't move!" Jerome ordered again but to their surprise the man has a detonator on his hand and pressed it.

BOOM

The Spartans were launch several feet back as the shockwave from the explosion blast them away. Jerome was to first to get up as he spotted the men in front of the van move the chemicals away from them.

"Let's go."

The team stand up and pursuit the men with the chemicals. Several terrorist got out of their car and started shooting at Red Team, but their energy shields kept the bullets from piecering through their armor.

Red Team fired back with their pulse rifle easily taking out the men on front.

"Blow the cars! Blow the cars!"

Red Team heard several terrorist shouted as they planted C4s under the car.

Red Team immediately started pulling several civilians near them away from the  cars. "Get down!" He shouted as the cars exploded.

BOOM

Regaining their composure Red Team stood up to see several of the terrorists shooting at innocent civilians while some were using them as human shields.

"Get out of the way!" Douglas said moving several people to avoid gunshots.

One terrorist stood in front of a police car and held his rifle and started shooting them through the windshield. Alice quickly shot down the man as he fell down dead on the ground. She went to the police cruiser to find both Officers dead.

"Shit." She muttered in anger.

Red Team kept advancing as they move to a intersection to see the entire street in chaos with many people running around and several cars either abandoned or in flames.

"Switch to sonar. Locate any weapons and make sure they're not police." Jerome ordered.

They all switch their VISR mode to sonar and located several people holding a rifle. Finally locating their targets they switch off to their standard vision and dropped the remaining hostiles.

Red Team continues to advance to the streets as they finally spotted the terrorists carrying the chemical weapon as the terrorist entered a store.

"Alice, Douglas, Let's set our sniper drones and take them from above."

Red Team took cover as they each set up their AT drones as it turned invisible and made it's way to the building. Once there they silently dropped the remaining terrorist inside as they moved up and breached.

"Help me! Help!"

"Up the stairs."

As they moved up the stairs they spotted several civilians chained on the ground with clothing covering their faces and on the front was a man strapped in a bomb.

"Please, help me. I'm not one of them." He begged.

"Get that bomb off of him. Now!"

Red Team came to the man's aid as they tried to find a way to defuse it. Douglas tries to remotely hack it, but it his surprise it didn't work. He flipped the man around to see a keypad. "This lock is mechanical with no digital components. We won't be able to use our remote hacking device to unlock it."

"Can you get it off?"

"Please! Please! I don't wanna die!" The man begged.

"Hang on then." Douglas spun him again and easily removes the lock and took off the vest from the man. "Get down!" He said tossing it away as it exploded. Standing back up Jerome reassured everyone.

"Don't worry you're safe."

Several minutes later

Minutes after the refusal police, firefighters, and ambulances were around the street treating/helping the people on the streets. Alice is the only person not present as she was inside of the building gathering intel from the terrorists and what she found surprised her.

"Sir." She called out as Jerome and Douglas turned to her.

"I think I figured out what Makarov is planning his next attack." She reportd.

"Keep going."

"He's planning an attack on the United States."

"Shit." Douglas and Jerome muttered. "Anything else?"

"I also found a man that is in prison on the Gulag. Prisoner's codename: Zero."