Chapter 37: Bag and Drag

Location: Paris, France
Time: 1100 Hours
Date: 04/16/2013

"Any station, any station, this is Zodiac five-niner-five all civilians in the area are all over dead. Requesting decon units and medevac." An American soldier said in the radio while the Spartans listens as the Raven dropship descends and landed on a rooftop

"Five-niner-five, this is Overlord actual negative. All U.S. Forces in Paris are engaged. Triage the civilians and move your team down into the plum."

The dropship landed as Noble and Blue Team took positions making sure the roof is clear of hostiles.

"This area is still dirty from the chemical attack. Keep your helmets on." Carter said jumping down the lower level.

"Spartans, move out." Chief ordered.

The Spartans did as they told and move out. All of them use the wall for cover and going room to room securing their location as they move out. "Spartans, this is Cortana. GIGN is pinned down on the Palm d'or Restaurant. Get there fast before we loose our only shot of finding Makarov."

"Roger Wilcox."

The team stopped as they spotted a dead body lying on the floor. Emile came down and pressed his two fingers at the throat only to find no pulse. "595 sounds like they got hit hard. Lot of Rooks experienced that." Emile commented.

"No-one's a rook today." Nathan said.

They continued their search for the GIGN, but they were stopped as a wall falls in front of them. "I got it." Jorge said moving forward.

Jorge looked at the wall in front of him and spotted a gap underneath. He placed his hand under it and lifted the entire structure with no trouble. He lifted it and tossed it out in the open and fall. "Watch your step." He warned them.

They all walked slowly so they could get to the other side. "Spartans, GIGN is taking heavy casualties and they won't last long. You have to double to make it to the RV." Cortana said in the comms.

"Patch us through their comms." Carter said as Cortana did as she was told.

"This is Saber how much longer?"

"3 minutes out. Just keep the perimeter secure we're almost there." Carter responded.

"Please just hurry."

"Let's go move it. Let's move." Carter said taking down the stairs.

As they moved down the stairs an RPG hits the window and Carter fell down on the ground floor. "Argh." Carter groaned in pain.

"Commander, you alright?' Kat asked swiftly avoiding another RPG.

"Never better." Carter replied.

Linda looked out the window and spotted multiple enemy personnel across the building holding up inside the library. "Target spotted. Their inside the library next door."

"Hit'em hard." Chief said returning the fire.

The other Spartans returned the fire as well as they got out of cover and opened fire at the enemy. Emile had enough and jumped down the window. "Get over here!" He used his grappling hook on his wrist and grabbed a nearby soldier and stabbed it with his energy sword. "Who's next!?" He shouted charging straight wt the door and completely breaked it open.

"Let's move." Carter said as they joined Emile inside.

Kelly came first and took out multiple enemies with her shotgun before kicking another soldier which sends him outside the window and into a car. Jorge jumped from the first floor and landed on the second floor. Standing in his full height several enemy soldiers retreated from Jorge's height.