Chapter 52: The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend

Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan
Time: 1200 Hours
Date: 04/28/2013

Somewhere in the junkyards of Afghanistan were Alpha-9 and Task Force 141. The squad itself was stuck in the middle of a firefight between Gen.Shepherd's Shadow Company's and Makarov's Ultranationalist soldiers. Both Fireteams are trying they're best to stay away from the fight as long as possible without being compromised.

"Roach? Ghost?" Sgt. McTavish asked in his earpiece of his two S.A.S. troopers. "Come in, Ghost?! Does anyone copy?!"

"Price, the team in Georgia isn't responding." Gaz reported worry evident in his voice as the Ghost and his Fireteam isn't responding to they're call.

"They're dead." Price said bluntly hiding in the junkyard alone while watching the bloodbath between the Ultranationalists and the Shadow's. "Shepherd's cleaning house. I'm making my way back to you." Price said staying away from the combat zone and silently moving using the wrecked planes for cover.

"Shepherd betrayed us." Soap said with anger and venom in his voice.

"Have to trust to be betrayed. I never did."

"That bastard is dead the next time we see him." Gaz said regrouping with his team.

On the other side of the scrapyard is Alpha-9 consisting of Buck, Mickey, Romeo, and Dutch. All four of them are wearing they're ODSTs powered assault armor. Like Price and his team Alpha-9 is regrouping with Cpt. Price as they too were hiding using he wreckage as they're cover.

"Price, we've got a problem."

"Go ahead, Gunny."

"I'm trying to contact our pilot from Bagram Airfield, but it appears Shepherd's Shadow's took over the airfield and took out our pilot." Buck reported.

"What?!"

"Yeah. Bastards took out our exfil. Same with Ghost's own exfil. We're stuck."

"Where do you think they're going to take those choppers?" Romeo asked.

"Save the questions for later. Right not our prio is to get the hell outta here."

"Any ideas, old man." Mickey asked.

Price thought of something. Making a helicopter flyby would be too dangerous to get out and since Shepherd's men took over the nearest military base on they're location they can't risk of contacting the airfield as he knows it's a trap. But they still need to get out. Staying here wouldn't be an option, even with the ODSTs they don't have any heavy ordinance to combat the helicopters and AFVs both sides were using on the battle.

An idea pop up of Price's head it would be risky, but he has no other options. "I have an idea." He said.

"You do?" Gaz asked with a bit of doubt.

"I'm contacting Nikolai and haul us outta here."

"What vehicle would he be using?" Dutch asked.

"That depends on him."

Before Alpha-9 could respond several Shadow's spotted them. "Contact!" Buck said dropping an enemy with his Pulse Rifle.

This got the attention of the enemy soldiers around them and concentrated they're fire towards the ODSTs. Romeo got to cover his armors shield flickered with every bullet bouncing off his armor. He quickly popped out and returned fire. "Eat this suckers!" He exclaimed. Usinv overdrive he drop down 5 enemies in the chest.

"Dutch, Mickey, cover our sides. Romeo, the rear. I'll take the front." Buck ordered.

"Copy!" They chorused.