Chapter 48: Collapse of Firebase Alpha

Location: S.A.T.O. Infinity
Time: 0100 Hours
Date: 04/26/2013

The booster rocket of the Jackal separated from the aircraft and stabilizes. Just several miles away from the Jackals were the Lasky's Infinity fleet and all 10 Strident-Class Frigates patrolling the enormous ship.

And out in the distance they can see several Banished ships which are all ships from the Human-Covenant War.

"You're getting eyes on this, Reyes?" Salter asked.

"Affirmative."

Just as they were about to pursuit a plasma torpedo hits the Frigates, but the shielding protected it well enough.

"All S.C.A.Rs engage those cruisers and destroyers!"

Nick's team accompanied by several Air Force squadron piloting sabers and Longsword attack the Banished armada.

"Banshee. 12 o'clock."

A Banshee flies by and almost shot down Reyes, but he maneuvered around and avoided getting shot down. Reyes went full speed and chased down the Banshee and using the aircrafts GAMP 018.Microlite laser cannons it didn't stood a chance as it tracked and shot it down.

"Down one."

"One? I'm on 2 already." Salter said.

Reyes smiled in amusement of his partners boast as he launched a barrage of missiles and shot down two more Banshees. While the squadrons of Jackals, Sabers, and Longswords were taking down the banshees and phantoms, the fleet were busy fighting off the Banished and despite being outnumbered 2-1 S.A.T.O. has the advantage in terms of tactic and firepower combined with their new technology reoutfitted to the Infinity.

A Lich aircraft got close on the infinity but it got shot down from the MAC cannon on the sides of the Infinity. A small cruiser got close passing the Frigates, but it didn't have time to fire as the ship's FSpAr Cannon vaporized the ship as it got close.

Reyes shot down another Banshee on the air as the more larger Lich aircraft started to emerge more. "We've got several Lich aircraft approaching from the cruiser."

"Hit the cruiser before they got out."

The squadron and the fleet opened fire on the cruisers before they could launch more aircraft. They successfully destroyed the remaining cruisers only leaving 1 lich aircraft.

"1 loch aircraft remaining." Brooks reported.

"Hit it."

With the combined firepower of the squadron the Lich aircraft didn't even have time to escape as it was immediately shut down.

On the Infinity

"This is Captain Lasky to all hands. The Banished has found the planet. I want all personnel to establish a base of operations around the planet. I want to reinforce Firebase Alpha to prevent any invasion force from Japan.

We are on Threatcon Delta."

Lasky then turn his attention to his XO Lieutenant Jet. "Lt, sound the alarm: prep all Mammoths and get them on the ground to establish a base of operations. I want troops to mobilize and support JSDF and the Coalition base of operations." Lasky ordered his XO.

"Yes, sir." The Lieutenant nodded and left.

Lasky sighed looking at the war table of the returning squadron. He has to contain this threat immediately because the last thing he doesn't want he need to get the Earth's newly formed Coaltion forces to be involved on their own war. And he knew it will not take long until their journalists and press got news about this attack.