Chapter 51: Loose Ends

Location: Unknown
Time: 1800 Hours
Date: 04/28/2013

"We have a nuclear missile launch, I repeat we have nuclear missile launch. Missile in the air! Code black - code black!"

Inside of a bunker under a classified military base is where Gen. Shepherd and other members of the cabinet are discussing on the war on their homeland. Shepherd listened to Cormack's radio as an ICBM was launched from the Typhoon submarine they were supposed to destroy.

"Someone trace the trajectory of that warhead." Shepherd ordered.

"Tracing now, sir." An Officer replied.

The warhead was traced just above the east coast of the United States just 500 miles away from the capitol. As it starts to descends the missile detonated on the mesosphere just 80km below ground.

"Sir, the missile...."

"I know, Lieutenant." Shepherd said cutting the off the Officer.

"Sir." Another Officer said getting Shepherd's attention. "Despite the mission one of the Sentinel Operators got something from Russia."

"Send it."

The Officer did as he was told and showed a picture of two different safehouses located in two different countries: Afghanistan and the Georgian-Russian border.

"Then were go gonna use every cent to kill Makarov." The computers shifted it's satellite images to the Georgian-Russian border. "It's been a tough month for us. We've lost more than we've ever dreamed. But we will recover. Despite what the world says, we are not savages, we don't kill civilians. We use precision. There's an evil man hiding in the shadows and we're gonna bring him out to the light. Once his face is reveal, we will write history, Gentlemen."

The computers screen thens zooms out revealing the exact coordinates of Makarov's last safehouses on earth. "Desperate time calls for Desperate measure and we will do everything we can to end this war. If S.A.T.O. is not going to help, then we will take matters to our own hands. Let's get to work."

Location: Georgian-Russian Border
Time: 1536 Hours
Date: 04/29/2013

Heading on the borders between Russia and Georgia is the 141 all geared up and ready to go. The Fireteam consists of Kali(R6), Glaz(R6), Rookie(A-9), Worms(JTF2), Ozone(Delta), Scarecrow(Delta), Roach(S.A.S), and finally their Squad Leader Ghost(S.A.S).

The 141 was split into 4 groups: 1 is taking the group in Afghanistan's junkyard, while the other is heading near the Georgian-Russian border. Most of the ODSTs Alpha-9 were in Afghanistan with Captain Price. While few were on the border. Of course Buck and his team insist that they should have another one of their members with Rookie, but Shepherd declined it as Afghanistan would require more of the ODSTs firepower for support while the Safehouse would be more on stealth.

The group is on board a warbird helicopter and are checking their gears. The warbird was just several kilometers away from the L.Z. and with it's advanced stealth and cloaking they were able to sneak into the border undetected without alerting any military officials.

As everyone is dressed in their their standard Special Ops combat suit. Kali is the only person on the group who is wearing a different combat uniform. Her suit is her Prototype MK.II, while it still kept the design on the original suit it's more lightweight, armored and overall advanced.

When the newly formed 141 was working with S.A.T.Os own Special Forces Unit they were given the privilege to upgrade their own weapons and gears on their equipment something they all did especially Team Rainbow. Of course to ensure secrecy the 141 made an agreement that they're equipment are only used by them and not to be mass produced.