Chapter 12: Recon Duty (Short Story)

Location: S.A.T.O Infinity
Time: 1100 Hours
Date: 10/25/2558

Ten Day's Later

October 25, 2558, ten day's later and factions on both sides were still trying to find the missing citizens. The JSDF has been gathering intelligence from many villages and towns to find any traces and evidence, while S.A.T.O were confirming the information received from the prison guards.

"Play it." Lasky ordered.

"Okay...okay, there in the Imperial Palace in the dungeons. Where Prince Zorzal is using them as his personal Guinea pigs. Some were also kept hidden in Italica, a neighboring city of the empire. Don't tell him I told you."

The audio stopped right there. This was a report from Noble Six in his lone wolf mission when he interrogated the Imperial Captain. The intel was good, but they weren't sure yet. Lasky for the past couple days was reviewing video cameras/clips from all the reports the recon team's had gathered on the missing people. They were hoping to do it fast, if not countries may bust to Japan and do it themeselves.

"Cortana, Roland show me the Imperial capital." Lasky ordered the two A.I's.

The two showed the map of the Imperial capital. It was large with the King's and Senate's houses and buildings in the middle with the citizens outside. Outside of the wall's of the large castle where the 1st class society, that part of the capital was filled with Nobles and other high-ranking individuals.

"How many are left to rescue?"

"Two left sir." Roland said showing the two profile of the two individual.

"We have Monica McCain, and Miranda Fox." Cortana started. "Both girls are Americans lived in New Orleans, went to Japan 6 month's ago for a vacation, but was reported missing in April 20th, 2018 in the Ginza incident." She states showing him some of their identification.

"If this is intel is right, then there's a chance that thess two are still in there." Lasky said before standing up to his seat. "Send Blue, and Red team for a recon mission tomorrow keep Noble, S.C.A.R, and Sentinel Team as backup and their eye's on the sky."

"Right away sir." Roland said before an idea pop. "Do you want me to recommission the Paladin sir." Roland suggested.

"Do that it will make their job easy." Lasky said before sighing rubbing his eyes.

Cortana and Roland smiled at their Admiral seeing his tired expression. "Politics getting the better of you Admiral?" Cortana asked with a teasing grin.

Lasky looked at the two A.I's before saying. "Yep. We're supposed to be here to form a new colony, instead I got my ass dragged here with a old Empire and 21st Century world." He said sighing. "Like back hom with Fury was already enough, but now it's here."

"Can't leave politics behind Admiral, it's part of your job." Roland clarified.

"I know." He said exiting his office. "Make sure to give this intel to the team they have a job to do." Lasky reminded.

"Wilco." Both A.I's replied as they got to work and brief the team for their new mission.

Location: Firebase Alpha
Time: 1130 Hours
Date: 10/25/2558

Insidd of Firebase Alpha, the team were all relaxing for the upcoming missions. They were all expecting a new intel forever. Ever since dealing with the politics 10 days ago, they were all expecting news from the captired citizen's.

"Hopefully Lasky will not be attached to his desk forever." Emile said impatient. "It's been more than a week now and we still have no intel on those missing people." Emile continued sharpening his high-frequency blade.

"Just be patient Emile." Kelly said looking at the picture of her stepdaughters. "Will find them soon."

"I know, I know." Emile said stubbornly. "But at least give me some action. The sooner we get this job done the better." Emile said, and the team knows how much they miss their family back home.

John was seating at a chair looking at the horizon. It may not be earth, but he did remind him his time on earth with Jennifer, he pull out a small necklace that has the picture of him and Jennifer who is on her first month of pregnancy. "Will get the job done." He said as the others looked at him.

"I hope you're right John." Gideon said standing up picking a bottle of water. "We can't always say that war is easy, it will never change."

"Don't worry." Fred said. "Have some faith Gideon." He said patting his friends shoulder.

"Well." Gideon stood up and raised his bottle. "Let's hope that Lasky will get us an intel soon. 4th Echelon forever!"

The others stood up and raised their glass and tapped each other's glasses. "4th Echelon Forever!" They shouted their new team codename and drank, and just as they finished drinking Cortana appeared in the table they were using.

"Good news ladies and gentlemen." She said getting their attention. "Lasky has an actionable intel on the remaining two citizens prepped up your getting brief in 1230 Hours."

Ths others instantly smiled and got ready. "WOOOOH!" Emile screamed excitedly as je was about to get some action. The others followed behind and went to the armory.

10 minutes later

The team emerged from the armory and stood outside of the base as they spotted the paladin landing in front of the group. "4th Echelon you are clear for transport." Roland said.

"Let's get this done." Noble Six said picking up his weapon's

"Hoorah." Mitchell said as they all entered the paladin and got to the command centre upon entering the lights turned on revealing the control room. They all took their station and got ready for upcoming mission.

"Ladies and Gentlemen." They turned to Roland in a hologram. "Welcome back to the paladin. This is Operation: Homecoming."