Chapter 49: Fighting In Two Fronts

The Scarab fired it's focus cannon destroying the Firebase wall completely. Several men and women from the walls and outpost fell off luckily for some of them they used they're exo suits and landed on ground others not so much as they were crushed by the metal wall.

"Lasky, this is Noble One. We need the XS1 Vulcan. Now!"

"Copy. Repositioning a Vulcan on your location ETA 30 seconds."

Hitting the Scarab with a direct energy focus cannon of the Vulcan can easily destroy it, but the problem is it will not easily penetrate it's armor with the energy shield still functioning.

Noble One spotted a functioning T-740 Hovertank beside him. He took control of the tank using his TACPAD. He aimed the cannon and switched to EMP, Carter fired a single shot to the Scarab disabling it completely.

"XS1 Vulcan ready for action."

"Hit it!"

Up on the sky a red light shines down and striked the Scarab piercing it's armed and destroying the core of the vehicle. The large Walker exploded and collapsed on the ground shaking the earth - or Falmart.

With the Scarab now gone and the Banished now outnumbered they were forced to retreat. The S.A.T.O. soldiers of Firebase Alpha cheered as they manage to push the enemy back with the odds against them.

Carter holstered his weapons back and reported. "Lasky, this is Noble One. The enemy has been pushed back."

"Understood, Noble One."

"Sir, a question?"

"Go for it."

"Are we going to tell them about this, sir?"

"The Office of Naval Intelligence is providing a cover up for the attack on Fort Hill. We can't let them know of our situation right now. Itami is ordered to keep this information secret with no words out. Clear?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good. I'm gonna need you and your team to stand guard in there. I'm deploying Sentinel Task Force for an assignment in Russia."

Location: Unknown
Time: 0900 Hours
Date: 04/26/2013

Somewhere in the United States hidden inside a bunker was General Shepherd of the U.S. Army. He looked at the screen of footage of the war in America and the Ultranationalist invading America in the coast. So far the battle between Makarov's Russians and the Americans has come into a stalemate with Shepherd gaining the advantage with the help of the ODSTs and other Future Soldiers. Unfortunately for him an attack from Falmart strikes a heavy blow for the S.A.T.O. Forces forcing them to return back home.

This left Shepherd's army in a somewhat disadvantage as the Russians managed to push back the Americans and is heading straight to Washington, DC the capital of the United States.

To make matters even worse most of the Task Force are off the country hunting Makarov and with their elites gone and the future soldiers gone they have to hold the line for them as long as they can get Makarov to end the war.

"Gen. Shepherd, Task Force 141 has now Sam Fisher retrieved." An Army Intelligence Officer said to him.

"About damn time." He said looking back at the screen. "If he is retrieve, then put him on the line for me."

"Yes, sir."

The Intelligence Officer sat down on the chair and tries to contact Task Forc 141 that is somewhere in the Indian Ocean and report they're current situation. A minute later the call was answered, it didn't reveal the face of the Splinter Cell Agent, but his voice was clear.