Chapter 47: Battle Of Eliptical Sagittarius

Location: Fort Hill, Falmart
Time: 2300 Hours
Date: 04/25/2013

The Team advanced forward as they finally reached Fort Hill and the images of dead bodies can be seen all around the base they're were no sight of any Covenant bodies lying around the ground telling them that the SDF took most of the casualties.

"Chief, your orders?" Linda asked.

"We'll split up. Sentinels checked inside the buildings for any survivors. The rest secure this perimeter. Shoot any hostile on sight."

Chief gage out the order as Cormacks team split up going from building to building. Mitchell climbed open a window from the 2nd floor while Gideon went to the roof. Cormack entered using the same routes as Mitchell while Knox entered the command and control building.

Knox is inside of the building and they were several bodies of soldiers on the floor. He spotted a familiar face on the floor. He turned it around to get a better look and it was no other than Kurata he's eyes wide open in shock. He examined his body and found a huge plasma burned on his chest.

"I got Kurata confirmed K.I.A. plasma burned."

He was brought back to reality when a noise echoed in the hallway in front.

He quietly made his way to command room where the call was broadcast. He flipped down his multi-vision goggles and spotted 4 heat signatures inside and the shape told him it was human.

He aced severak explosives on the door and detonated it. "SATO forces, Blue! Blue!" He shouted.

He spotted none other than Itami and what was left of his squadron with him consisting of Tomita, Kurokawa, and Kuriyubashi. "How many of you?"

"Just 4." Itamic reported sighing in relief.

"All units, this is Knox I've got 4 SDF soldiers, we're coming to you now." Knox reported.

"Roger, regroup outside now." Cormack said.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Knox said gesturing Itami and his surviving unit outside. The 5 of them exited the building with the SDF sighing in relief as they were now finally rescued. Two pelican dropships piloted by S.C.A.R. Team landed on runway.

"Deploying C-6 Drones." Carter said deploying several C-6 Drones armed with dual equalizers to patrol the area while they regroup and treat the wounded soldiers.

Itami and his surviving unit sat down near the pelicans as they treated their wounds. Jorge is treating Kuriyubashi scar on her arm as she flinched when Jorge applied the bio-foam.

"Hold still." He reassured. Once done he set if off aside and asked. "Better?"

She nodded in response.

"What the hell are those things?" Itami asked getting their attention. "I know you guys fought them before as you easily dealt with these assholes." He said gesturing on some of the few dead Banished soldiers. "What the hell are they?"

The team looked at each other before nodding telling each other that they might as well told them the truth to better prepare them of the upcoming threat. "They're the Banished." Jerome replied.

"What?" Kurokawa asked leaning forward.

"The Banished are a mercenary organization and splinter faction that rebelled against the Covenant Empire and rose to power after the conclusion of the Human-Covenant War. The organization is led by the Jiralhanae warlord Atriox." Jerome explained to the group. "We've encountered them during our times in deep space when the Spirit of Fire was still M.I.A."