Chapter 35

"I don't think after this there is anything left to say," he jokes and I chuckle still surprised by our kiss, which I would repeat right now, and every day.

"Do you want to stay with me? Or I can take you home if you want," he asks and I shake my head.

"I'm not ready to go home... my mom-"

"I think you should, eventually, your mom could get her custody taken away and she is suffering so much, from what Nicole told me," he explains and I wince when I hear Nicole's name, still slightly jealous, I need to talk to James about this.

"Who told you I slept with Nicole?!" he asks annoyed and I look away.

"James."

"That stupid jerk. You know what he is like-"

"And Olivia." I cut him off and he looks down, which makes me even more jealous.

"I sle- slept with Olivia, right after you told me you didn't care," he admits and I look away, I know it's my fault and he doesn't have to explain why he slept with Olivia.

Nicole is just a different story, because she is my friend no matter what happened, and she was the only one to know about my real feelings.

"I regret it," I admit.

"I regret everything too, but what matters is that we are here now, together," he says and I wince, realizing that now I'll have to deal with the thing that scared me the most.

"But- I know you are going through something, which you don't want to tell me," he continues and I wait for him to finish.

"That's okay, just- please, come to me if you need someone to talk to. I'm here for you, Ronnie." His tone is so sweet my knees almost go weak all over again.

We go to his car and we just chill in it for a bit, trying to absorb everything that happened tonight.

He takes my hand into his and kisses it while I stare at him in disbelief. Someone should just wake me up already if this is a dream-

Fuck, I forgot about Felix. I have all my stuff at his house, I can't even enter my home without my keys...

"How's Alex-" I stop myself the moment I see Derek's expression change, regretting the question.

"He will be fine. Felix probably left already," he says looking ahead and I caress his hand with my thumb, which seems to make him relax for a bit.

If Felix left how am I going to get my stuff? He must be furious right now, he will murder me. I'm so much in debt with him and I'm ashamed of how high I was when I paid the debts in an unethical way. I would never tell Derek this.

I also don't have any money to pay him which scares me.

"What's wrong?" Derek asks and I look into his eyes.

"Uhm, nothing," I lie and he keeps staring at me.

"I promised to not pressure you, so, I won't," he says and I let out a sigh of relief.

"I'll drive you home," Derek says after a long silence and I shake my head.

"No! I- I need to go somewhere else first," I admit and he seems a bit hurt.