Chapter 57

I take a deep breath as my mom's car pulls up in our driveway. It's evening.

If she wasn't with me right now I'd be jumping up and down because of how happy I am to be home. After two months.

We get out of the car and I carry my suitcase to the entrance door.

When she opens the door I become ecstatic. Finally. I just want to lay in my bed forever.

"I'll keep a close eye on you, sweetheart," she warns me and I nod while carrying my baggage inside.

I walk upstairs and I get a wave of melancholy when I see my room is just like I left it the day before my trip.

I throw the baggage on the floor and I immediately get on the bed, I stare at the window I used to smoke weed and I smile.

First genuine smile this month. It's early May and sadly I still have to study for school despite being homeschooled, my mom said I can go back to school next year.

I haven't heard of Nicole in months, I don't know if she is still with James after that kiss with Louis. Honestly, I didn't think about them at all.

I had only one person on my mind.

I grab my phone. They finally gave it back to me once I left and my mom told me she would control it sometimes.

She also allows me to meet Nicole, Louis, and Dominic after I blamed it all on James.

I immediately dial Dominic and I can't stop my smile.

I wait for a couple of seconds and he doesn't pick up, so I call again.

No answer.

I get up, not even bothering to rearrange the stuff in my baggage and I go downstairs.

My mom should go to work soon.

She is sitting on the couch watching the television and I sit next to her impatiently.

"I am staying home today, you need me here," she says and I wish I could say no. I don't need her here. I need to talk to Derek or I'll go insane. I need to know.

After I watched a movie with my mom, the doorbell rings.

"I'll go," I say and she pauses the movie.

I quickly open the door handle and I almost want to scream.

"Dominic!" I say, running up to him, hugging him as tightly as I can.

Two months of that prison changed me more than I want to admit.

My mom probably heard us but I had two months to explain to her that Dominic is a good guy and he is Nicole's cousin, she pointed out I lied that it was a girl months ago. I admitted to it.

"I almost fell off my bike when I saw your call," she says and I laugh.

"You bike?" I raise my eyebrow.

"No," he replies and I laugh again. His humor is unmatched. Only now I realize how much I missed it.

"Please tell me what happened to Derek? He didn't show up... I got caught and I got one more month in rehab," I quickly explain and he changes his expression. All the previous amusement fades.