Chapter 66

Irène's POV

Veronica told me James keeps threatening her, she didn't want to tell me all the details and I had to do all the research on my own which I'm always perfect at.

She is lucky to have a friend like me.

I found out almost everything about James, it's easy when you have daddy's money and you can ask anything without people questioning you for a second.

James is quite rich, but nothing compared to my family. It won't be hard to teach him a well-deserved lesson.

The best thing is that he has no idea who I am and what's waiting for him.

I know about Nicole, his asthma, his dad beating him with a belt for years when he was younger, then the abuse his mom endured from his father.

I will slowly take the most precious thing away from him.

I enter his home and I look around. it's full of hormonal teenagers, dancing in the living room and some are grinding against others on the table.

"Ugh," I murmur under my breath.

Veronica told me about his 'love' story with Nicole and how he abused her, he wouldn't threaten Vero if he didn't care about Nicole in the slightest and that will be his downfall.

I get surprised when I see Nicole in the kitchen, trying to talk to him and they shout at each other. I walk closer to them, trying to act normal and I take an apple, taking a big bite from it.

"You never did, James. Stop threatening Veronica. I won't ever go back to you," she hisses at him and I look at her for a second and she is crying.

Pathetic.

"You are so fucking stupid, I love you, I always did."

"That's your way of loving people? Hurting them?" She pushes him and he abruptly grabs her wrist.

"You love me too, don't deny it. You won't ever like that stupid loser switching between Veronica and you. He won't ever make you feel good like I do," James mutters while pulling her closer towards him.

Teenager drama.

"You are right about one thing, James." She takes a big breath and tries to get out of his hold. "I will always be in love with you, but I will never be with you again," she yells at him and my eyes widen as I try to suppress a smirk.

This is the most stupid scene I have ever witnessed, Veronica is embarrassing me with her friends.

I let out a chuckle and they turn to me but I look elsewhere, eating my apple like I'm a normal peasant.

He grips her wrist harder but this time he pulls her towards him, forcing her to hug him but she doesn't protest.

"Fuck you. I hate you. I hate you so much, James Carson," she yells against his chest as her cries get muffled by the music.

I sigh, whoever she is fucking on the side, he is a fucking idiot too.

Aw, poor Louis.

I throw away the apple and they walk out to the yard. I quietly follow after them and the fight continues.

Whatever that little girl says, she wants to be with him and she is here for a reason.

She is hoping he is going to change and that's the most embarrassing and weakest thing I have ever witnessed.

I didn't stop my plans for this, I escaped the rehab to solve my problems and not deal with this shit. I'm only doing it for Veronica because I owe her a favor, and surprisingly, she is the only one I don't completely despise.