Chapter 18

They forced us to have more drinks before we do 7 minutes in heaven, especially since Derek wasn't drunk before.

I'm still high, but I'm also very drunk. I barely walked to the bathroom, quite nervous and he seems... happy?

We are probably going to fight, though.

They also turned off the light and we can barely see anything, just a tiny bit of light coming through the window and shining on our bodies.

"Why are you always on the defensive?" Derek asks me genuinely, as we lock eyes with each other, even though the dim lights aren't helping.

His blue eyes look so dark, but still breathtakingly stunning.

"I'm not. You are just annoying," I say and look away. He makes me feel uncomfortably good.

Wait, what did I just say? What does it even mean?

I hate how I act around him, even when I spit the harshest words I still feel like he is completely in charge, because I know I don't mean the words I say, and he does too.

Which makes me feel pathetic, I need to up my game.

You know what? Fuck it. He wants to play this game, then we will play this game.

He has been following me around like a puppy, pretending he is a good guy, and listens to me, understands me as a friend. When I know damn well he just wants to get in my pants. Don't they all?

Isn't that what I'm good for?

I close the gap between us, I look him up straight in the eyes and I cannot decipher the look on his face, he raises his eyebrows and I mirror his body language before I even realize it.

"What happened? Why are you so silent?" I mock him and bring myself even closer to him. So close we are a few inches away but the height difference makes it hard, although it's not the only thing hard here.

My perverted thought makes me smile.

I put my hand on his chest and it seems like he stops breathing. He didn't expect this at all.

"What are you doing?" he whispers in a husky voice as if he doesn't want to be heard.

"I am doing exactly what you want me to do," I tease him, moving my hand lower almost to his fit abdomen.

I can feel his abs through the thin top and I can't lie, it feels insanely good.

He grabs my wrist and lowers himself a bit to be on the same height level, looking at me straight in the eyes. I did not expect it and I try to pull my wrist away from him.

"What exactly do you think I want to do with you?" His hot breath hits my lips and I stop breathing when he whispers, "Or to you?"

I gulp down hard. He smirks when he realizes how much effect he has on me.

I didn't expect this at all, maybe the drinks are kicking in for him too, but he's always been a blunt person, just not this way... with me.

I try to hold myself together, he notices the change in my face and he laughs which makes me blush even more. I can't help but think about how it would be like if he kissed me. If he touched me.

Regarding 'I'd never do anything with him,' yeah, that doesn't apply anymore at this moment.

I hate him.

"What happened, Ronnie?" he mocks me in a teasing voice. He knows only close friends call me that.

He damn well understands what he just did to me, and it gives him so much confidence.